Cookies on fushi.co.uk
’Diet downfalls’ can mean you put on weight instead of lose it
When it comes to trying to lose weight, it is important to choose the right diet plan for you. However, it is also important to understand what can cause you to stray from a healthy diet. New research has suggested that your 'eating personality' can determine the way that you might fail to maintain your healthy eating routine.
According to a survey performed by FreeDeliveryLand.co.uk, every woman has a downfall that causes her to stray from a healthy diet. Not only can this mean that weight loss is harder to achieve, your downfall can also mean that you actually end up putting weight on.
The largest problem many women face when it comes to sticking to healthy foods to maintain a good diet was found to be a busy lifestyle. Some 69 per cent of those surveyed admitted that they were 'rushers', in that they often choose unhealthy food options because they are so busy and don't have enough time to prepare healthier options.
It was found that women with young children or who work in offices were among those that were highly likely to choose takeaways and ready meals, which often have high fat, sugar and salt contents that are not helpful toward a healthy diet.
Of the 500 women aged between 20 and 65 that were involved in the survey, seven per cent said that their downfall was their habit of 'picking' at food, meaning they snack in between meals. This can mean that you end up eating more calories than you should be and that you end up eating snacks that are high in fat and sugar.
A further six per cent identified themselves as 'bingers', in that they will eat very little for the majority of a week before eating large amounts of food in a short amount of time. This habit can actually make you put on weight as it places your body into 'starvation mode', meaning that it will store more fat from the food you eat in a short amount of time to make up for getting very little throughout the rest of the week.
Of those surveyed, four per cent admitted to using food as a reward and five per cent ate in order to comfort themselves. The final four per cent were found to put on weight through having drinks while out socialising. While you may not think that alcohol can make you pile on the pounds, it has a sugar content and can result in weight gain just as quickly as fatty or sugary foods.
By working out what your 'diet downfall' is, you are better able to combat bad habits and maintain a healthy diet; allowing you to lose weight and achieve the body you want.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy