Cookies on fushi.co.uk
10 Great Health Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
01 Nov 2018
Read 4756 Times
10 Great Health Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
By Jade Ellis
- Evening Primrose oil is known to be beneficial for your hormonal health, skin, hair and bones. Our locally grown Primrose oil is very high in Essential fatty acids – which can provide the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormone like substances.
- Evening Primrose oil has a high content of Essential Fatty acids. These cannot be made by the body so it is important to procure these through your diet. This oil is rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which play a crucial role in brain function, as well as growth and development.
- Evening Primrose oil has a very high Gamma Linoleic acid content which is best known for providing nutritional support for women with premenstrual syndrome, as well as joint health, heart health, hair, nails and skin. GLA has been known to keep the skin hydrated and be beneficial for certain skin conditions.
- Our cold, fresh pressed Evening Primrose oil has anti-inflammatory properties and has been known to soothe skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Evening Primrose is a vegetarian and vegan friendly source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which has environmental and ethical benefits, rather than procuring this nutrient through Fish oils. This oil is it is a rich natural source of omega-3 which comes from a renewable, sustainable source instead of taking fish from the oceans.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil is rich in B vitamins. This group of water-soluble vitamins may help women deal with the stress of menopausal symptoms.
- Externally,Evening Primrose oil has been known to be beneficial for the skin, and assist in various skin conditions due to its ability to help with redness, firmness and inflammation.
- Evening Primrose oil is also great to use as a hair mask and has been known to improve thinning hair and increase growth from the scalp. Essential fatty acids are found to be so effective in preventing hair breakage, because applying oil directly into the scalp helps to improve the strength of hair.
- Organic Evening Primrose oil has a massive healing nature and the presence of rich fatty acids in evening primrose helps to prevent the nails from cracking up.
- We have chosen an English grown source of Evening Primrose due to the high quality they produce, and believe it is the best quality for the taste of the oil which is highly important. The oil has a smooth, mellow, creamy, nutty flavour. This oil is freshly pressed, direct from the farm, and kept at the right temperature to avoid the oil from becoming rancidity.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks