Cookies on fushi.co.uk
10 reasons to try organic food
People trying out healthy living practices may already be eating an organic-only diet, but if you're on the fence about making the switch, then perhaps this list of reasons to try it out could offer a little help.
The UK Soil Association has revealed its top benefits of eating organic food, and while this diet is favoured by many it still causes a bit of debate.
But why might you want to give organic food a go?
1. No nasty additives
Organic food doesn't come with food additives, many of which have proven links to health problems.
2. It avoids pesticides
Farmers in the UK routinely use more than 400 chemical pesticides in conventional farming practice. While produce is washed residues can remain on non-organic food.
3. It's healthy
Higher levels of vitamin C, antioxidants, and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, chromium and iron are frequently found in organic food.
4. No genetic modification
Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards.
5. High food standards
Organic suppliers pride themselves on complying with organic standards and are frequently inspected.
6. Drug use in animal rearing is banned
There is no reliance on drugs, meaning that farm animals are not routinely injected with growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics.
7. Animal welfare is high
Organic farming methods are routinely monitored and animal welfare is taken extremely seriously under these standards.
8. It's environmentally-friendly
According to the UK government organic farming is better for wildlife, produces less dangerous wastes, causes lower pollution from sprays and ultimately contributes less to global warming by producing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
9. There are no hidden costs
Organic produce does not come at a premium, as taxpayers pay for chemicals to be removed from drinking water, including conventional farm's pesticide runoff.
10. It's full of flavour!
Many people prefer to eat organic food because they believe that it tastes more flavourful.
Why not grow your own organic produce and test out some of these claims for yourself?
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy