Cookies on fushi.co.uk
10 reasons to try organic food
People trying out healthy living practices may already be eating an organic-only diet, but if you're on the fence about making the switch, then perhaps this list of reasons to try it out could offer a little help.
The UK Soil Association has revealed its top benefits of eating organic food, and while this diet is favoured by many it still causes a bit of debate.
But why might you want to give organic food a go?
1. No nasty additives
Organic food doesn't come with food additives, many of which have proven links to health problems.
2. It avoids pesticides
Farmers in the UK routinely use more than 400 chemical pesticides in conventional farming practice. While produce is washed residues can remain on non-organic food.
3. It's healthy
Higher levels of vitamin C, antioxidants, and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, chromium and iron are frequently found in organic food.
4. No genetic modification
Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards.
5. High food standards
Organic suppliers pride themselves on complying with organic standards and are frequently inspected.
6. Drug use in animal rearing is banned
There is no reliance on drugs, meaning that farm animals are not routinely injected with growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics.
7. Animal welfare is high
Organic farming methods are routinely monitored and animal welfare is taken extremely seriously under these standards.
8. It's environmentally-friendly
According to the UK government organic farming is better for wildlife, produces less dangerous wastes, causes lower pollution from sprays and ultimately contributes less to global warming by producing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
9. There are no hidden costs
Organic produce does not come at a premium, as taxpayers pay for chemicals to be removed from drinking water, including conventional farm's pesticide runoff.
10. It's full of flavour!
Many people prefer to eat organic food because they believe that it tastes more flavourful.
Why not grow your own organic produce and test out some of these claims for yourself?
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.