Cookies on fushi.co.uk
10 reasons to try organic food
People trying out healthy living practices may already be eating an organic-only diet, but if you're on the fence about making the switch, then perhaps this list of reasons to try it out could offer a little help.
The UK Soil Association has revealed its top benefits of eating organic food, and while this diet is favoured by many it still causes a bit of debate.
But why might you want to give organic food a go?
1. No nasty additives
Organic food doesn't come with food additives, many of which have proven links to health problems.
2. It avoids pesticides
Farmers in the UK routinely use more than 400 chemical pesticides in conventional farming practice. While produce is washed residues can remain on non-organic food.
3. It's healthy
Higher levels of vitamin C, antioxidants, and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, chromium and iron are frequently found in organic food.
4. No genetic modification
Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards.
5. High food standards
Organic suppliers pride themselves on complying with organic standards and are frequently inspected.
6. Drug use in animal rearing is banned
There is no reliance on drugs, meaning that farm animals are not routinely injected with growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics.
7. Animal welfare is high
Organic farming methods are routinely monitored and animal welfare is taken extremely seriously under these standards.
8. It's environmentally-friendly
According to the UK government organic farming is better for wildlife, produces less dangerous wastes, causes lower pollution from sprays and ultimately contributes less to global warming by producing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
9. There are no hidden costs
Organic produce does not come at a premium, as taxpayers pay for chemicals to be removed from drinking water, including conventional farm's pesticide runoff.
10. It's full of flavour!
Many people prefer to eat organic food because they believe that it tastes more flavourful.
Why not grow your own organic produce and test out some of these claims for yourself?
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.