Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 beauty benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is a popular ingredient in cooking due to the fact that it is very heat stable. It also has a number of health benefits that mean it is good for you as well as tasty. However, it isn't just the inside that can benefit from coconut oil.
The oil is particularly good for a number of different beauty treatments, helping to care for your skin and hair in a safe and natural way. It is included in a large number of beauty products, but to really get the most from coconut oil, it is best to use it in its pure form.
Coconut oil is a very moisturising treatment for your hair, making it perfect for dry, damaged or coloured locks. As it helps to lock moisture into your hair and prevent damage, it is a great option if you are trying to grow your tresses.
The best way to use it on your hair is as a masque, as this allows it time to penetrate the hair deeply and provide the best results. Simply apply it to dry hair - avoiding the roots and paying special attention to any particularly dry areas. You should only need a couple of teaspoons as it will spread easily through your hair.
Wrap up your hair in a towel, shower cap or cling film - this will mean your hair stays warm, which opens up the follicles and allows the oil to penetrate more deeply - and leave it for at least an hour. It is safe to leave it on overnight and will leave your hair feeling beautiful. Just shampoo out and condition as normal for gloriously soft and shiny locks.
Natural makeup remover
You can use coconut oil as a natural and moisturising makeup remover, helping to get rid of dirt and impurities while improving the overall look and feel of your skin. All you have to do is use around a teaspoon of oil and massage it gently over your face before using cotton pads or a flannel - along with warm water - to remove all traces of the oil.
If you want to try a full oil cleansing routine you might want to consider mixing coconut with different oils to provide a full range of benefits.
Coconut oil is a wonderfully moisturising oil that will soak into your skin leaving it feeling supple and and soft. It is particularly good for the winter months, which often cause your skin to become dry and rough. Applying it everyday - before bed is a good time so it can soak in while you sleep - will help maintain the moisture of your skin.
It is also fantastic for skin healing and has been found to help mend cuts faster, as well as reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
You also might want to give it a go as a massage oil as it is so beneficial for the skin. Melted in the hands, it gives the right lubrication for a lovely massage and will moisturise at the same time. For the full massage experience, try adding a few drops of essential oils to your coconut oil.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?