Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 beauty benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is a popular ingredient in cooking due to the fact that it is very heat stable. It also has a number of health benefits that mean it is good for you as well as tasty. However, it isn't just the inside that can benefit from coconut oil.
The oil is particularly good for a number of different beauty treatments, helping to care for your skin and hair in a safe and natural way. It is included in a large number of beauty products, but to really get the most from coconut oil, it is best to use it in its pure form.
Coconut oil is a very moisturising treatment for your hair, making it perfect for dry, damaged or coloured locks. As it helps to lock moisture into your hair and prevent damage, it is a great option if you are trying to grow your tresses.
The best way to use it on your hair is as a masque, as this allows it time to penetrate the hair deeply and provide the best results. Simply apply it to dry hair - avoiding the roots and paying special attention to any particularly dry areas. You should only need a couple of teaspoons as it will spread easily through your hair.
Wrap up your hair in a towel, shower cap or cling film - this will mean your hair stays warm, which opens up the follicles and allows the oil to penetrate more deeply - and leave it for at least an hour. It is safe to leave it on overnight and will leave your hair feeling beautiful. Just shampoo out and condition as normal for gloriously soft and shiny locks.
Natural makeup remover
You can use coconut oil as a natural and moisturising makeup remover, helping to get rid of dirt and impurities while improving the overall look and feel of your skin. All you have to do is use around a teaspoon of oil and massage it gently over your face before using cotton pads or a flannel - along with warm water - to remove all traces of the oil.
If you want to try a full oil cleansing routine you might want to consider mixing coconut with different oils to provide a full range of benefits.
Coconut oil is a wonderfully moisturising oil that will soak into your skin leaving it feeling supple and and soft. It is particularly good for the winter months, which often cause your skin to become dry and rough. Applying it everyday - before bed is a good time so it can soak in while you sleep - will help maintain the moisture of your skin.
It is also fantastic for skin healing and has been found to help mend cuts faster, as well as reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
You also might want to give it a go as a massage oil as it is so beneficial for the skin. Melted in the hands, it gives the right lubrication for a lovely massage and will moisturise at the same time. For the full massage experience, try adding a few drops of essential oils to your coconut oil.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.