Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 beauty benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is a popular ingredient in cooking due to the fact that it is very heat stable. It also has a number of health benefits that mean it is good for you as well as tasty. However, it isn't just the inside that can benefit from coconut oil.
The oil is particularly good for a number of different beauty treatments, helping to care for your skin and hair in a safe and natural way. It is included in a large number of beauty products, but to really get the most from coconut oil, it is best to use it in its pure form.
Coconut oil is a very moisturising treatment for your hair, making it perfect for dry, damaged or coloured locks. As it helps to lock moisture into your hair and prevent damage, it is a great option if you are trying to grow your tresses.
The best way to use it on your hair is as a masque, as this allows it time to penetrate the hair deeply and provide the best results. Simply apply it to dry hair - avoiding the roots and paying special attention to any particularly dry areas. You should only need a couple of teaspoons as it will spread easily through your hair.
Wrap up your hair in a towel, shower cap or cling film - this will mean your hair stays warm, which opens up the follicles and allows the oil to penetrate more deeply - and leave it for at least an hour. It is safe to leave it on overnight and will leave your hair feeling beautiful. Just shampoo out and condition as normal for gloriously soft and shiny locks.
Natural makeup remover
You can use coconut oil as a natural and moisturising makeup remover, helping to get rid of dirt and impurities while improving the overall look and feel of your skin. All you have to do is use around a teaspoon of oil and massage it gently over your face before using cotton pads or a flannel - along with warm water - to remove all traces of the oil.
If you want to try a full oil cleansing routine you might want to consider mixing coconut with different oils to provide a full range of benefits.
Coconut oil is a wonderfully moisturising oil that will soak into your skin leaving it feeling supple and and soft. It is particularly good for the winter months, which often cause your skin to become dry and rough. Applying it everyday - before bed is a good time so it can soak in while you sleep - will help maintain the moisture of your skin.
It is also fantastic for skin healing and has been found to help mend cuts faster, as well as reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
You also might want to give it a go as a massage oil as it is so beneficial for the skin. Melted in the hands, it gives the right lubrication for a lovely massage and will moisturise at the same time. For the full massage experience, try adding a few drops of essential oils to your coconut oil.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?