Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 Steps to revive flaky dry feet
Rough feet with cracked heels are not a pretty sight!
The poor feet bear the brunt of it all, trussed away in uncomfortable high heels, in the cold and in the heat, your tippy toes can get a bit dry, rough and weather beat. You don?t need to spend tonnes of money on pedi?s and expensive foot creams. A little bit of creative thinking and a few natural ingredients will have your feet looking like a pair of peachy tootsies!
The BIG soak
Pour some very warm water into a basin and add in a few drops ofÿ essential aromatherapy oil. We recommend Rose and Jasmine essential oils for their beautiful fragrances, moisturising qualities and also for their wonderfully uplifting therapeutic effects. However if you don't want to spend too much, then opt for the Lavender or Frankincense essential oils which are just as fragrant and therapeutic. You can even add some of Fushi antioxidant bath oil for that ultra luxurious soak.
Soak your feet for about 15 minutes then gently pat them dry with a nice fluffy towel.
The BIG Scrub
Nothing beats a thorough and generous exfoliation. You can use either Fushi?s organic scrub, or make you can make your very own! All you need is:-
- Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba oil, or even better is Fushi massage oil ÿmade with 6 fabulously moisturising botanical oils.
- Aromatherapy oil of your choice, we recommend Rose, Frankincense or Grapefruit. However there are so many great Aromatherapy oils to choose from, so fragrance your scrub with your favourite smells.
- Some sea salt or brown sugar, whatever you happen to have handy.
- Mix in about ó cupful of oil, and add about 3 large tablespoons of sea salt or brown sugar. You can alter this to make sure the consistency is not too liquid, or too thick and grainy.
- Add about 8-10 drops of the aromatherapy oil of your choice and mix in together with a wooden spatula.
Massage this scrub onto your feet in a circular motion, paying special attention to the extra-rough spots on the heels and big toes. You can even lightly massage your feet at the same time, ensuring a double benefit by working on the acupressure points on the soles of your feet. You do not need to scrub too vigorously; a soft touch can do just as much wonders too. If you have very dry skin and cracked heels, you may want to use the pumice stone, which effectively rubs the hard skin and cracked heels away.
The BIG rubdown
Luxuriously apply any foot cream, lotion or Fushi's nourishing Dry Skin Balm. You can even just use a massage oil, for example is Jojoba oil is excellent as a moisturiser. Massage this gently into the soles of your feet, your ankles, your toes and just give your feet a wonderful rub down until they look smoothed and pink. ÿ
Now whether you ÿslip into your favourite peep toes or your Jimmy Choos, you will feel like a million bucks and perfectly finished right down to the toes!