Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 tasty ways to use coconut oil
Coconut oil has been touted as the latest superfood on the market with an abundance of health benefits. From fighting off disease, to stabilising blood sugar levels and even lowering blood pressure, this naturally occurring oil is definitely something to include in your diet.
Raw, cold-pressed coconut oil is best to use in your cooking but swapping from traditional cooking oil to coconut oil can be a bit daunting. Some find the flavour a bit intense when they first start to use it, but if you incorporate it slowly into your diet and daily life, you'll soon start to like it and feel the difference it makes to your overall health.
To help you, we've listed three easy ways to cook with it and include it in some tasty meals and treats.
1. Add it to smoothies
Smoothies are a great way to get some of your five-a-day in one go, but it is also a good opportunity to add some coconut oil if you're looking to disguise the taste or texture. Melt 2-3 spoons of coconut oil until it is soft and just about liquid form, and then slowly add it to the smoothie as it is being blended. This will help the oil emulsify with the fruit and yogurt and you'll hardly notice the addition.
2. Use it for stir frys
Stir frys are a really great dinner option and coconut oil can help make them even healthier. Because coconut oil has a high smoking point, it's ideal for stir frys and other recipes that require a hot pan. Once you coat the pan with some of the solid coconut oil, it will melt down and become a really versatile oil you can use for any pan-cooked dishes.
3. Use it in baking
Coconut oil can work as a substitute for butter, vegetable oil or margarine in most recipes. So if you're looking to make your brownies less calorific, or your chocolate chip cookies more diet-friendly, swapping the butter with coconut oil is an easy change to make.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.