Cookies on fushi.co.uk
3 tasty ways to use coconut oil
Coconut oil has been touted as the latest superfood on the market with an abundance of health benefits. From fighting off disease, to stabilising blood sugar levels and even lowering blood pressure, this naturally occurring oil is definitely something to include in your diet.
Raw, cold-pressed coconut oil is best to use in your cooking but swapping from traditional cooking oil to coconut oil can be a bit daunting. Some find the flavour a bit intense when they first start to use it, but if you incorporate it slowly into your diet and daily life, you'll soon start to like it and feel the difference it makes to your overall health.
To help you, we've listed three easy ways to cook with it and include it in some tasty meals and treats.
1. Add it to smoothies
Smoothies are a great way to get some of your five-a-day in one go, but it is also a good opportunity to add some coconut oil if you're looking to disguise the taste or texture. Melt 2-3 spoons of coconut oil until it is soft and just about liquid form, and then slowly add it to the smoothie as it is being blended. This will help the oil emulsify with the fruit and yogurt and you'll hardly notice the addition.
2. Use it for stir frys
Stir frys are a really great dinner option and coconut oil can help make them even healthier. Because coconut oil has a high smoking point, it's ideal for stir frys and other recipes that require a hot pan. Once you coat the pan with some of the solid coconut oil, it will melt down and become a really versatile oil you can use for any pan-cooked dishes.
3. Use it in baking
Coconut oil can work as a substitute for butter, vegetable oil or margarine in most recipes. So if you're looking to make your brownies less calorific, or your chocolate chip cookies more diet-friendly, swapping the butter with coconut oil is an easy change to make.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?