Cookies on fushi.co.uk
By: Ernesta Stripeikaite
3 WAYS TO HAVE EGGS FOR BREAKFAST
There is no doubt breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Everyone knows it but so many people rush out of the house fuelled on caffeine and stress hormones rather than a wholesome nutritious meal. You don’t need much extra time to prep a quick breakfast and eat it. And the benefits of starting your day nourished far outweigh any excuses.
Take a look at these 3 suggestions of how to make eggs an exciting breakfast staple. A humble egg most definitely deserves a blog post. It’s full of great quality protein, fat, lots of vitamins and minerals and other trace nutrients important for health. It can be surely called the nature’s perfect food.
If you can, always choose free-range organic eggs as their quality is superior to value ranges. Also, the chickens get a better life roaming free and eating chemical free foods.
1. Open egg sandwiches
A super quick breakfast option, some of it can be prepped the night before to save those precious morning minutes.
You will need:• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons of natural live yogurt
• Rye bread
• Fresh parsley
• Paprika, salt and pepper
Boil a couple of eggs for 5 min. You can also do this the night before to save time in the morning (keep unpeeled eggs in the fridge). Mash them with a fork and mix with yogurt, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on some rye bread, and sprinkle paprika and fresh parsley on top.
2. Scrambled eggs in ghee with smoked salmon
This recipe takes only a few minutes to make.
You will need:• 2 eggs
• 1 small teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee
• A piece of smoked salmon
• A handful of cherry tomatoes
• A small bunch of chives
• Salt (Himalayan) & pepper
Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a pan on medium heat. Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl. Pour this into the pan and keep stirring with a spatula until the eggs have cooked. Add the remaining ingredients onto the plate and enjoy.
3. Portobello with a fried egg
This recipe takes slightly longer to make, but if you have a couple of small frying pans (or you can use a frying pan and a small saucepan), you can multitask and have your breakfast on the plate in no time.
You will need:• 1-2 eggs
• 1 large Portobello mushroom
• ½ large avocado or 1 small one
• 1 large tomato
• A few fresh basil leaves (optional)
• 2 small teaspoons of coconut oil or ghee
Heat a teaspoon of the oil or ghee in each pan on medium heat. While the oil is heating, chop the tomato and basil. Crack the egg(s) in the frying pan with the whole mushroom next to it and fry on low heat, turning the mushroom in a few minutes. Pop the chopped tomato and basil in the saucepan, also on low heat. Meanwhile chop the avocado into cubes, and, when everything else is cooked (it will only take a few minutes), assemble on the plate. Some salt & pepper, and you’re good to go!
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?