Cookies on fushi.co.uk
By: Ernesta Stripeikaite
3 WAYS TO HAVE EGGS FOR BREAKFAST
There is no doubt breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Everyone knows it but so many people rush out of the house fuelled on caffeine and stress hormones rather than a wholesome nutritious meal. You don’t need much extra time to prep a quick breakfast and eat it. And the benefits of starting your day nourished far outweigh any excuses.
Take a look at these 3 suggestions of how to make eggs an exciting breakfast staple. A humble egg most definitely deserves a blog post. It’s full of great quality protein, fat, lots of vitamins and minerals and other trace nutrients important for health. It can be surely called the nature’s perfect food.
If you can, always choose free-range organic eggs as their quality is superior to value ranges. Also, the chickens get a better life roaming free and eating chemical free foods.
1. Open egg sandwiches
A super quick breakfast option, some of it can be prepped the night before to save those precious morning minutes.
You will need:• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons of natural live yogurt
• Rye bread
• Fresh parsley
• Paprika, salt and pepper
Boil a couple of eggs for 5 min. You can also do this the night before to save time in the morning (keep unpeeled eggs in the fridge). Mash them with a fork and mix with yogurt, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on some rye bread, and sprinkle paprika and fresh parsley on top.
2. Scrambled eggs in ghee with smoked salmon
This recipe takes only a few minutes to make.
You will need:• 2 eggs
• 1 small teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee
• A piece of smoked salmon
• A handful of cherry tomatoes
• A small bunch of chives
• Salt (Himalayan) & pepper
Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a pan on medium heat. Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl. Pour this into the pan and keep stirring with a spatula until the eggs have cooked. Add the remaining ingredients onto the plate and enjoy.
3. Portobello with a fried egg
This recipe takes slightly longer to make, but if you have a couple of small frying pans (or you can use a frying pan and a small saucepan), you can multitask and have your breakfast on the plate in no time.
You will need:• 1-2 eggs
• 1 large Portobello mushroom
• ½ large avocado or 1 small one
• 1 large tomato
• A few fresh basil leaves (optional)
• 2 small teaspoons of coconut oil or ghee
Heat a teaspoon of the oil or ghee in each pan on medium heat. While the oil is heating, chop the tomato and basil. Crack the egg(s) in the frying pan with the whole mushroom next to it and fry on low heat, turning the mushroom in a few minutes. Pop the chopped tomato and basil in the saucepan, also on low heat. Meanwhile chop the avocado into cubes, and, when everything else is cooked (it will only take a few minutes), assemble on the plate. Some salt & pepper, and you’re good to go!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks