Cookies on fushi.co.uk
4 ways to stay fit during pregnancy
Being pregnant is not an excuse to let yourself go, and many women actually use the opportunity to work on their fitness and concentrate on their health.
But how can you stay fit during pregnancy?
Yoga is a great low impact form of exercise, designed to strengthen the body and relax the mind - making it a top way to stay fit while expecting.
"Yoga helps tone the body, reintegrating the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles," claims yoga teacher Lisa Sanfilippo, from lisayogalondon.com.
It also assists pregnant women in listening to the body’s needs, "and tending to any aches and pains that arise, making space for the baby through intelligent stretching and breath work," all of which even yoga for beginners should be able to tackle.
This form of exercise has come under fire lately, however if you were a keen jogger beforehand then there is no reason you cannot carry on, albeit cutting down your distances.
It’s important to seek professional advice if you’re concerned, however this cardiovascular exercise can really help lift your mood and boost overall fitness if done sensibly.
Swimming is a brilliant way to unwind and helps to tone your whole body, especially if done regularly.
Experiment with strokes to find which is most comfortable and remember that lifeguards are always at hand if you find yourself struggling.
4. Walking or hiking
Even as you enter your final trimester, a good walk can be a great way to stay fit, especially if you attempt a brisk pace, where you break into a sweat.
Alternatively walking in woodlands or more scenic countryside can be more interesting, however it’s recommended that you don’t steer too far from public places when on your own just in case.
Before embarking on any new exercise routines it makes sense to contact a medical professional to work out where your limits might lie.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream