Cookies on fushi.co.uk
4 ways to stay fit during pregnancy
Being pregnant is not an excuse to let yourself go, and many women actually use the opportunity to work on their fitness and concentrate on their health.
But how can you stay fit during pregnancy?
Yoga is a great low impact form of exercise, designed to strengthen the body and relax the mind - making it a top way to stay fit while expecting.
"Yoga helps tone the body, reintegrating the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles," claims yoga teacher Lisa Sanfilippo, from lisayogalondon.com.
It also assists pregnant women in listening to the body’s needs, "and tending to any aches and pains that arise, making space for the baby through intelligent stretching and breath work," all of which even yoga for beginners should be able to tackle.
This form of exercise has come under fire lately, however if you were a keen jogger beforehand then there is no reason you cannot carry on, albeit cutting down your distances.
It’s important to seek professional advice if you’re concerned, however this cardiovascular exercise can really help lift your mood and boost overall fitness if done sensibly.
Swimming is a brilliant way to unwind and helps to tone your whole body, especially if done regularly.
Experiment with strokes to find which is most comfortable and remember that lifeguards are always at hand if you find yourself struggling.
4. Walking or hiking
Even as you enter your final trimester, a good walk can be a great way to stay fit, especially if you attempt a brisk pace, where you break into a sweat.
Alternatively walking in woodlands or more scenic countryside can be more interesting, however it’s recommended that you don’t steer too far from public places when on your own just in case.
Before embarking on any new exercise routines it makes sense to contact a medical professional to work out where your limits might lie.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.