Cookies on fushi.co.uk
4 ways to stay fit during pregnancy
Being pregnant is not an excuse to let yourself go, and many women actually use the opportunity to work on their fitness and concentrate on their health.
But how can you stay fit during pregnancy?
Yoga is a great low impact form of exercise, designed to strengthen the body and relax the mind - making it a top way to stay fit while expecting.
"Yoga helps tone the body, reintegrating the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles," claims yoga teacher Lisa Sanfilippo, from lisayogalondon.com.
It also assists pregnant women in listening to the body’s needs, "and tending to any aches and pains that arise, making space for the baby through intelligent stretching and breath work," all of which even yoga for beginners should be able to tackle.
This form of exercise has come under fire lately, however if you were a keen jogger beforehand then there is no reason you cannot carry on, albeit cutting down your distances.
It’s important to seek professional advice if you’re concerned, however this cardiovascular exercise can really help lift your mood and boost overall fitness if done sensibly.
Swimming is a brilliant way to unwind and helps to tone your whole body, especially if done regularly.
Experiment with strokes to find which is most comfortable and remember that lifeguards are always at hand if you find yourself struggling.
4. Walking or hiking
Even as you enter your final trimester, a good walk can be a great way to stay fit, especially if you attempt a brisk pace, where you break into a sweat.
Alternatively walking in woodlands or more scenic countryside can be more interesting, however it’s recommended that you don’t steer too far from public places when on your own just in case.
Before embarking on any new exercise routines it makes sense to contact a medical professional to work out where your limits might lie.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy