Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 natural remedies for constipation
While some ailments are easier to talk about in everyday conversations, they may not be as uncomfortable and widespread as constipation. Although most people don't like to discuss their bowel movements, everyone is affected by changes in them that can leave you feeling a bit worse for wear.
Not only can constipation be a bit embarrassing, it can also cause a lot of pain and be debilitating if it has affected you for an extended period of time. Luckily there are natural remedies that can help to stop you feeling backed up and reduce the amount of time you spend feeling constipated in the long run.
Increase your water intake
Drinking more water everyday - especially in the morning - can help to relieve constipation and stop you from suffering with it down the line. Water is important when it comes to flushing out toxins and keeping your body functioning correctly. Even if you drink other liquids throughout the day - such as fruit juice, tea or of fizzy drinks - you need to ensure you are getting plenty of water.
If you have felt constipated for a few days, try drinking a couple of glasses of water first thing in the mornings. This can help stop you feeling dehydrated and can also get things moving again.
Plenty of fibre
Including healthy fibre sources in your diet is the best way to ensure that you remain regular and can help stop you feeling constipated. Fibre helps to make your stool softer, meaning it is easier to pass.
While fibre is beneficial, getting too much can have adverse effects and cause stomach upset. You should try to build up the amount of fibre in your diet gradually until you are getting between 20 and 35 grams every day. Good sources of fibre include fruit, vegetables, beans and whole grains.
Add some oil
Including a bit more olive oil in your diet can help to get things moving again, as well as providing a healthy and delicious fat. The oil is not only lubricating, it also helps to get your digestive system working again, which is highly beneficial if you have been feeling the effects of constipation for several days.
You can either include more olive oil in your daily diet, which will help to stop you getting blocked up, or take the oil in the morning if you are already feeling constipated. Simply take a tablespoon of the oil first thing in the morning - it is best on an empty stomach - to get things in motion.
Perk up with coffee
Not only does a morning cup of coffee help to relieve tiredness, it can also help get your bowels moving. Having one or two cups of coffee in the morning can help to relieve the pressure brought on by constipation as the caffeine helps to get your digestive system working.
However, it is important that you don't overdo it with the coffee as too much can actually leave you feeling more constipated. This is because the caffeine causes dehydration, drawing water out of your body, which causes harder stools.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.