Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 natural remedies for constipation
While some ailments are easier to talk about in everyday conversations, they may not be as uncomfortable and widespread as constipation. Although most people don't like to discuss their bowel movements, everyone is affected by changes in them that can leave you feeling a bit worse for wear.
Not only can constipation be a bit embarrassing, it can also cause a lot of pain and be debilitating if it has affected you for an extended period of time. Luckily there are natural remedies that can help to stop you feeling backed up and reduce the amount of time you spend feeling constipated in the long run.
Increase your water intake
Drinking more water everyday - especially in the morning - can help to relieve constipation and stop you from suffering with it down the line. Water is important when it comes to flushing out toxins and keeping your body functioning correctly. Even if you drink other liquids throughout the day - such as fruit juice, tea or of fizzy drinks - you need to ensure you are getting plenty of water.
If you have felt constipated for a few days, try drinking a couple of glasses of water first thing in the mornings. This can help stop you feeling dehydrated and can also get things moving again.
Plenty of fibre
Including healthy fibre sources in your diet is the best way to ensure that you remain regular and can help stop you feeling constipated. Fibre helps to make your stool softer, meaning it is easier to pass.
While fibre is beneficial, getting too much can have adverse effects and cause stomach upset. You should try to build up the amount of fibre in your diet gradually until you are getting between 20 and 35 grams every day. Good sources of fibre include fruit, vegetables, beans and whole grains.
Add some oil
Including a bit more olive oil in your diet can help to get things moving again, as well as providing a healthy and delicious fat. The oil is not only lubricating, it also helps to get your digestive system working again, which is highly beneficial if you have been feeling the effects of constipation for several days.
You can either include more olive oil in your daily diet, which will help to stop you getting blocked up, or take the oil in the morning if you are already feeling constipated. Simply take a tablespoon of the oil first thing in the morning - it is best on an empty stomach - to get things in motion.
Perk up with coffee
Not only does a morning cup of coffee help to relieve tiredness, it can also help get your bowels moving. Having one or two cups of coffee in the morning can help to relieve the pressure brought on by constipation as the caffeine helps to get your digestive system working.
However, it is important that you don't overdo it with the coffee as too much can actually leave you feeling more constipated. This is because the caffeine causes dehydration, drawing water out of your body, which causes harder stools.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks