Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 natural remedies for constipation
While some ailments are easier to talk about in everyday conversations, they may not be as uncomfortable and widespread as constipation. Although most people don't like to discuss their bowel movements, everyone is affected by changes in them that can leave you feeling a bit worse for wear.
Not only can constipation be a bit embarrassing, it can also cause a lot of pain and be debilitating if it has affected you for an extended period of time. Luckily there are natural remedies that can help to stop you feeling backed up and reduce the amount of time you spend feeling constipated in the long run.
Increase your water intake
Drinking more water everyday - especially in the morning - can help to relieve constipation and stop you from suffering with it down the line. Water is important when it comes to flushing out toxins and keeping your body functioning correctly. Even if you drink other liquids throughout the day - such as fruit juice, tea or of fizzy drinks - you need to ensure you are getting plenty of water.
If you have felt constipated for a few days, try drinking a couple of glasses of water first thing in the mornings. This can help stop you feeling dehydrated and can also get things moving again.
Plenty of fibre
Including healthy fibre sources in your diet is the best way to ensure that you remain regular and can help stop you feeling constipated. Fibre helps to make your stool softer, meaning it is easier to pass.
While fibre is beneficial, getting too much can have adverse effects and cause stomach upset. You should try to build up the amount of fibre in your diet gradually until you are getting between 20 and 35 grams every day. Good sources of fibre include fruit, vegetables, beans and whole grains.
Add some oil
Including a bit more olive oil in your diet can help to get things moving again, as well as providing a healthy and delicious fat. The oil is not only lubricating, it also helps to get your digestive system working again, which is highly beneficial if you have been feeling the effects of constipation for several days.
You can either include more olive oil in your daily diet, which will help to stop you getting blocked up, or take the oil in the morning if you are already feeling constipated. Simply take a tablespoon of the oil first thing in the morning - it is best on an empty stomach - to get things in motion.
Perk up with coffee
Not only does a morning cup of coffee help to relieve tiredness, it can also help get your bowels moving. Having one or two cups of coffee in the morning can help to relieve the pressure brought on by constipation as the caffeine helps to get your digestive system working.
However, it is important that you don't overdo it with the coffee as too much can actually leave you feeling more constipated. This is because the caffeine causes dehydration, drawing water out of your body, which causes harder stools.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.