Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 natural remedies for constipation
While some ailments are easier to talk about in everyday conversations, they may not be as uncomfortable and widespread as constipation. Although most people don't like to discuss their bowel movements, everyone is affected by changes in them that can leave you feeling a bit worse for wear.
Not only can constipation be a bit embarrassing, it can also cause a lot of pain and be debilitating if it has affected you for an extended period of time. Luckily there are natural remedies that can help to stop you feeling backed up and reduce the amount of time you spend feeling constipated in the long run.
Increase your water intake
Drinking more water everyday - especially in the morning - can help to relieve constipation and stop you from suffering with it down the line. Water is important when it comes to flushing out toxins and keeping your body functioning correctly. Even if you drink other liquids throughout the day - such as fruit juice, tea or of fizzy drinks - you need to ensure you are getting plenty of water.
If you have felt constipated for a few days, try drinking a couple of glasses of water first thing in the mornings. This can help stop you feeling dehydrated and can also get things moving again.
Plenty of fibre
Including healthy fibre sources in your diet is the best way to ensure that you remain regular and can help stop you feeling constipated. Fibre helps to make your stool softer, meaning it is easier to pass.
While fibre is beneficial, getting too much can have adverse effects and cause stomach upset. You should try to build up the amount of fibre in your diet gradually until you are getting between 20 and 35 grams every day. Good sources of fibre include fruit, vegetables, beans and whole grains.
Add some oil
Including a bit more olive oil in your diet can help to get things moving again, as well as providing a healthy and delicious fat. The oil is not only lubricating, it also helps to get your digestive system working again, which is highly beneficial if you have been feeling the effects of constipation for several days.
You can either include more olive oil in your daily diet, which will help to stop you getting blocked up, or take the oil in the morning if you are already feeling constipated. Simply take a tablespoon of the oil first thing in the morning - it is best on an empty stomach - to get things in motion.
Perk up with coffee
Not only does a morning cup of coffee help to relieve tiredness, it can also help get your bowels moving. Having one or two cups of coffee in the morning can help to relieve the pressure brought on by constipation as the caffeine helps to get your digestive system working.
However, it is important that you don't overdo it with the coffee as too much can actually leave you feeling more constipated. This is because the caffeine causes dehydration, drawing water out of your body, which causes harder stools.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.