Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 of the most cleansing fruits and vegetables
Cleansing the body is a great way to start off the new season. As the sun starts to make more of an appearance and the weather begins to calm down somewhat, we can start to feel more awake and full of energy.
A great way to ensure that you benefit from these feelings as much as possible is to start a cleanse. Whether you want to go for juice or try cleansing by altering your diet, fruit and vegetables can be highly beneficial.
Eating - or drinking - certain fresh produce can help to get rid of toxins that will have built up in your body over the past few months. This can make you feel healthier, improve your skin and leave you ready to welcome the spring. Here are five of the best fresh fruit and vegetables for a tasty cleansing diet.
Kale was championed as the must-have veggie of 2013 and for good reason. This tasty, leafy, green vegetable can be included in your diet in a number of ways and is chock full of benefits.
It has a high number of vitamins and nutrients, most notably iron. Surprisingly, this innocuous vegetable actually contains more iron than beef, meaning it is incredibly beneficial when it comes to transporting oxygen around your body, aiding cell growth and maintaining organ function.
Kale is also high in fibre but low in fat, meaning it will help to aid digestion while forming part of a healthy diet.
Not only are avocados a really tasty option for detoxing, they can also help you feel fuller for longer. This is perfect if you are planning on doing a juice cleanse, or even if you want to cut down on the amount you are eating.
Possibly the best thing about avocados is their detoxing ability. They contain high levels of antioxidants, which help to get rid of toxins throughout the body. This is why they are also great for applying to your skin as well as eating. They can remove impurities from your skin, leaving it looking brighter and healthier.
Avocados also include high amounts of fibre, vitamins, oleic acid and coenzyme Q10, which means they are a powerhouse in terms of healthy fruit and vegetables.
Not only can cranberries help to prevent and ease urinary tract infections, they are also great at helping to swiftly remove toxins from your body. They help to transport waste products that can build-up by flushing out the kidneys, while also working as an antibacterial to get rid of toxins.
You can detox using cranberry juice - but make sure it has no added sugar - or by including the fruit in smoothies and meals.
While eating large amounts of garlic can leave you smelling a bit pungent, it is worth introducing it into your diet if you want to detox. Not only has it been linked to better heart health, garlic is also a good source of sulphur, which helps to flush out toxins.
Garlic is also a powerful antibiotic, which means it can help to provide healing properties to your body.
Lemons are a really great fruit for detoxifying and can help as part of a regular diet. Drinking hot water and lemon everyday can help to stop the build-up of toxins in your body, helping to keep you healthy.
The fruit works as a blood purifier, cleansing your whole system while also helping with your digestion. It helps to cut down on the amount of waste in your body really effectively and can be used regularly or as a short-term juice cleanse.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?