Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 oils for stretch marks
There are plenty of things mums-to-be are looking forward to, but stretch marks probably isn't one of them.
Luckily, there are plenty of remedies based on the healing and rejuvenating powers of plants, fruits and flowers that will prevent, or at the very least, minimise stretch mark scars.
Here are our favourite oils to protect your skin from stretch marks.
Pomegranates have long been touted as a superfood thanks to their high level of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. But when the oil is incorporated into skincare, it can also heal a number of skin ailments including dry skin, age spots, hyperpigmentation and acne-flare ups and acne scarring.
It is particularly good for boosting cell regeneration in the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) and the dermis (inner layer). By increasing circulation, it helps heal any tissue scarring that may occur from stretch marks.
Rosehip oil is another oil that is fantastic for scarring. Unlike other plant based oils, it contains retinol (vitamin A) which is known for its anti-ageing powers. But like Pomegranate oil, it has strong cell regeneration actions that promotes elastin and collagen production which results in firmer, smoother looking skin with a bit more elasticity. For pregnant ladies, it's best to use it during pregnancy and after to avoid any scarring.
This oil is extracted from the seeds African Baobab tree, which is known to have a lifespan of up to 5,000 years, so it knows a thing or two about staying youthful. Thanks to the abundance of Omega 3, 6 and 9 within the oil, it's used to treat a number of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and rosacea. These omega essential fatty acids, combined with the healing and regenerative powers of vitamin A, D and E make it an ideal treatment for stretch marks.
Although it is technically not an oil, Shea butter is still a fantastic treatment for stretch marks. Derived from the nuts from the karite tree, African women have been using this treatment for centuries for everything from burns to insect bites. The rich butter is packed full of essential fatty acids as well as natural anti-oxidants which give it some strong moisturising and healing powers. For stretch marks, it helps build elasticity and promotes faster cell renewal to reduce any scarring.
Probably one of the most common natural treatments for stretch marks, the butter extracted from the cacao bean has been used for hundreds of years to help keep skin looking healthy. Similar to Shea butter, it is filled with essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E which will plump and hydrate skin instantly, making it ideal for new and old stretch mark scarring alike.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy