Cookies on fushi.co.uk
5 ways to burn extra calories every day
It is the new year and with it comes many resolutions. A number of people will be using the fresh start to work on themselves and lose the extra few pounds they put on over the festive period. If you're thinking about trying to lose weight, altering your diet or getting in more exercise there are things you can do to improve the results.
Taking steps so your body burns more calories every day will help you to lose weight faster but still in a healthy way. This will help you get rid of any Christmas weight and tone your body up much quicker. Seeing results faster is a great push to keep on going with the hard work.
Turn off the heating
It may still be cold outside but switching off your heating is a great way to get your metabolism running faster. Your body runs at a comfortable temperature of 37 degrees Celsius, which keeps your metabolism ticking along at its normal rate.
However, if you lower the ambient temperature of your environment, your body will work harder to maintain this internal temperature. This speeds up your metabolism and burns through fat much faster. This is the same when you are sleeping, so lowering the temperature of your bedroom will help you burn calories while resting.
You can also try drinking two litres of ice water a day to lower your internal temperature without having to sit in a cold room.
Drink green tea
Green tea has amazing number of properties, but the most important when it comes to increasing your metabolism is the fact that it contains an important antioxidant. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) is found in green tea and can increase the rate at which your metabolism works for up to 24 hours.
EGCG helps to increase the amount of energy you produce through digesting fats, so coupled with a low fat diet, it can help you burn off those extra pounds. However, it is best to use a high-quality green tea that doesn't have any additives as it will contain more EGCG. You should also aim to drink a few cups a day.
Hot things up a bit
Eating spicy foods has been linked to increasing the metabolism. Spices and chillies get that burning sensation from a compound called capsicum. This compound can help to increase the amount of heat your body produces, thus speeding up the amount of fat you burn off.
Regularly eating curries, chillies and other hot food - although aim to make healthy versions at home rather than opting for fattening takeaway varieties - can help you to speed your metabolism up. Just remember, the hot the spice, the bigger effect it will have.
Eat more lean protein
Protein is an important part of your diet and eating more of the right proteins can help your metabolism increase. Lean proteins, such as chicken, fish, eggs, beans and lentils, are the best choice when trying to lose weight.
Not only does protein fill you up for longer - meaning you are less likely to snack on unhealthy foods - but it also has a tonne of amino acids. These amino acids are vital to the body when it comes to produce muscle that burns calories and increases the metabolism.
Opting for shorter workout sessions at high intensity can help you burn more calories and boost your metabolism more than a traditional low-intensity workout. Making sure you get your muscles to work harder during daily workouts - or every other day - means they will have more repairing to do afterwards, which increases your metabolism.
Adding weights to your workouts is the easiest way to get your muscles moving faster. If you don't want to try lifting, you can strap on arm and leg weights to make your usual workout more intensive.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.