Cookies on fushi.co.uk
8 ways of exercising without paying for the gym
Getting healthy doesn't have to go hand-in-hand with an expensive gym membership. There are plenty of ways that you can introduce exercise into your everyday life without having to pay out a fortune on going to the gym.
You're able to take up exercises everyday that will do you just as much good as heading to the gym regularly. In fact, adding certain things into your routine will make it easy to keep up with exercising as opposed to trying to maintain the level of motivation needed to head to the gym every week.
Here are ten ways that you can get healthy and enjoy a good level of exercise without damaging your bank balance.
Set a routine
We all have busy schedules in this modern world so it can be difficult to make time for exercising and healthy activities. Making a schedule can help you decide what you want to do and ensure that you stick to the plan. If you get other people involved, you're less likely to cancel what you had planned to do.
Change your transportation
Rather than getting in your car, on a train or flagging down a bus, try walking to where you have to be. Although it may take you longer to get there, you also end up getting a good workout that can do wonders when you make journeys everyday.
If you don't think that you can walk the distance you have to travel, you can always try cycling. This is also great exercise for you and can be a quicker option when heading to work as it saves you getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
It can be difficult to find classes or exercise sessions that fit around your schedule. Hiring or buying fitness and workout DVDs is a great way to enjoy a class without having to leave your house.
There are numerous different fitness DVDs out there, meaning that you have plenty of options and can vary what type of exercises you do throughout a week.
Even if you are already walking or cycling to places, jogging can be hugely beneficial. You can build up endurance, it fits around your schedule and it is a great way to feel energised. It can also help to relieve stress and is a great exercise to do on your own or with a friend.
But the best thing about jogging? It is incredibly inexpensive once you have the right clothing for it.
Invest in equipment
Rather than paying out every month for a gym membership, you can always make a one-time investment in equipment of your own. Whether you just want a pair of weights or are considering getting larger workout equipment, buying your own means you have what you need and you don't have to keep going to the gym and spending money.
Do simple exercises
Things like push-ups, sit-ups and squats at home is easy so long as you can make a bit of room and are a great way of starting your day. You can start off small and include a few of each a day, before building up as your flexibility and endurance improves.
Get together with friends
Meeting up with friends means that you can start competitive or team sports, helping you to get some exercise. Why not play tennis or badminton or start a game of five-a-side with your work colleagues?
Not only can it be a lot of fun but it is perfect if you want to feel motivated, as your friends and colleagues will push you to achieve more.
Go to the beach
Swimming is a great way to exercise but regular trips to the swimming pool can be expensive. Heading to your nearest beach means that you can go for a swim for free.
You should remember though that open waters can be dangerous, so be sure to take the necessary safety precautions. Check if there are lifeguards in the area, what the weather is like and whether there is a chance of strong currents. In colder weather, be sure to have a thermos of tea or coffee to hand!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks