Cookies on fushi.co.uk
8 ways of exercising without paying for the gym
Getting healthy doesn't have to go hand-in-hand with an expensive gym membership. There are plenty of ways that you can introduce exercise into your everyday life without having to pay out a fortune on going to the gym.
You're able to take up exercises everyday that will do you just as much good as heading to the gym regularly. In fact, adding certain things into your routine will make it easy to keep up with exercising as opposed to trying to maintain the level of motivation needed to head to the gym every week.
Here are ten ways that you can get healthy and enjoy a good level of exercise without damaging your bank balance.
Set a routine
We all have busy schedules in this modern world so it can be difficult to make time for exercising and healthy activities. Making a schedule can help you decide what you want to do and ensure that you stick to the plan. If you get other people involved, you're less likely to cancel what you had planned to do.
Change your transportation
Rather than getting in your car, on a train or flagging down a bus, try walking to where you have to be. Although it may take you longer to get there, you also end up getting a good workout that can do wonders when you make journeys everyday.
If you don't think that you can walk the distance you have to travel, you can always try cycling. This is also great exercise for you and can be a quicker option when heading to work as it saves you getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
It can be difficult to find classes or exercise sessions that fit around your schedule. Hiring or buying fitness and workout DVDs is a great way to enjoy a class without having to leave your house.
There are numerous different fitness DVDs out there, meaning that you have plenty of options and can vary what type of exercises you do throughout a week.
Even if you are already walking or cycling to places, jogging can be hugely beneficial. You can build up endurance, it fits around your schedule and it is a great way to feel energised. It can also help to relieve stress and is a great exercise to do on your own or with a friend.
But the best thing about jogging? It is incredibly inexpensive once you have the right clothing for it.
Invest in equipment
Rather than paying out every month for a gym membership, you can always make a one-time investment in equipment of your own. Whether you just want a pair of weights or are considering getting larger workout equipment, buying your own means you have what you need and you don't have to keep going to the gym and spending money.
Do simple exercises
Things like push-ups, sit-ups and squats at home is easy so long as you can make a bit of room and are a great way of starting your day. You can start off small and include a few of each a day, before building up as your flexibility and endurance improves.
Get together with friends
Meeting up with friends means that you can start competitive or team sports, helping you to get some exercise. Why not play tennis or badminton or start a game of five-a-side with your work colleagues?
Not only can it be a lot of fun but it is perfect if you want to feel motivated, as your friends and colleagues will push you to achieve more.
Go to the beach
Swimming is a great way to exercise but regular trips to the swimming pool can be expensive. Heading to your nearest beach means that you can go for a swim for free.
You should remember though that open waters can be dangerous, so be sure to take the necessary safety precautions. Check if there are lifeguards in the area, what the weather is like and whether there is a chance of strong currents. In colder weather, be sure to have a thermos of tea or coffee to hand!
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy