Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A skincare regime ’should be tailored to your needs’
Sticking to organic beauty products that meet the requirements of your specific skin type is the best way to attain a glowing complexion, according to the International Dermal Institute.
Sally Penford, education manager at the organisation, explained that there is no reason to keep switching your skincare routine if your current one suits your skin.
"However, what you need to be aware of is that your skin changes all the time, so it is not necessarily that the product has stopped working, it is that your skin has changed, so you might need something different," she pointed out.
Our skin type is mostly down to our genes, so if you have had dry skin since childhood, you will have to tweak your skincare regime to reflect this, although from time to time you may experience "skin conditions".
"So although I have a dry skin, I might get breakouts for hormonal reasons for example. I’m sure you all see that - everyday you look at your skin and it looks a little bit different," commented Ms Penford.
"Some days you may think ’my skin is glowing today’. Other days you may think ’I am really suffering as a result of a couple of late nights and I am looking really tired’."
If this is often the case with you, it’s worth investing in a couple of natural beauty products to pep up your complexion when it needs it. Stick to your basic skincare ’tools’ - a cleanser, toner and moisturiser - then add a "booster or a serum, a mask or an exfoliant, that can adapt as your skin changes".
Sesame seed oil, for example, is packed full of antioxidants, vitamin E and a whole host of good fats that are said to help zap spots and prevent blackheads.
It can also provide a barrier between your delicate skin and the harsh environs, shielding your complexion from pollutants in the air.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.