Cookies on fushi.co.uk
A skincare regime ’should be tailored to your needs’
Sticking to organic beauty products that meet the requirements of your specific skin type is the best way to attain a glowing complexion, according to the International Dermal Institute.
Sally Penford, education manager at the organisation, explained that there is no reason to keep switching your skincare routine if your current one suits your skin.
"However, what you need to be aware of is that your skin changes all the time, so it is not necessarily that the product has stopped working, it is that your skin has changed, so you might need something different," she pointed out.
Our skin type is mostly down to our genes, so if you have had dry skin since childhood, you will have to tweak your skincare regime to reflect this, although from time to time you may experience "skin conditions".
"So although I have a dry skin, I might get breakouts for hormonal reasons for example. I’m sure you all see that - everyday you look at your skin and it looks a little bit different," commented Ms Penford.
"Some days you may think ’my skin is glowing today’. Other days you may think ’I am really suffering as a result of a couple of late nights and I am looking really tired’."
If this is often the case with you, it’s worth investing in a couple of natural beauty products to pep up your complexion when it needs it. Stick to your basic skincare ’tools’ - a cleanser, toner and moisturiser - then add a "booster or a serum, a mask or an exfoliant, that can adapt as your skin changes".
Sesame seed oil, for example, is packed full of antioxidants, vitamin E and a whole host of good fats that are said to help zap spots and prevent blackheads.
It can also provide a barrier between your delicate skin and the harsh environs, shielding your complexion from pollutants in the air.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy