Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Anti-ageing skin care regime ’should be started in your 20s’
People who use organic beauty products in their twenties could benefit from decades of glowing, dewy skin.
According to cosmetic expert Dr Rita Rakus, it is best to start anti-ageing skin care routines when you are young "to give your complexion the best possible chance of glowing through the years".
Skin care in your twenties is all about protecting the face against sun damage.
"Never leave the house without wearing a moisturiser that is at least SPF25, to ensure skin is protected around the clock. It’s also advisable to stay away from the ultimate age-inducing habit of smoking," she noted.
"If you don’t smoke, don’t start, and if you do, give it up as soon as you possibly can. Smoking is incredibly ageing on the skin. I know it’s a hard habit to crack, but the earlier you give up, the better your skin will look in the future."
The doctor explained that skin starts losing elasticity when we hit our thirties, so this is the time to invest in a good eye cream, as it is important to keep the delicate under-eye area well hydrated.
Once we reach our forties our natural collagen production plummets, meaning it could be time to give ourselves extra help by way of natural beauty products.
"Plus we lose a lot of volume in our face as a result of fat loss under the skin, which means the fine lines and wrinkles we had in our thirties may deepen and we might see folds appearing on the skin around the ’nose-to-lip’ lines and the jowls, and a general loss of vibrance in the skin," Dr Rakus said.
"Invest in products that will plump, boost collagen production and firm."
In our fifties, intense hydration is "really important", so skin care fans could look into using a serum as well as a moisturiser to keep skin looking fresh and natural.
Healthy living can also play a part in how our skin looks and feels, so make sure you’re drinking enough water every day and try to aim for at least five portions of fruit and vegetables in your diet.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.