Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Argan oil ’is perfect for tackling winter skin problems’
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Tackle winter with argan oil
It’s that time of year again when we have to try to protect our face and other areas of exposed skin against the combined horrors of central heating and biting winds, and here’s where products like argan oil can come in handy and soothe dry patches of skin.
Argan oil comes from Morocco and is derived from the argan tree. It can be used to hydrate the skin and is known as ’liquid gold’ for a good reason. A little drop of this wonder stuff goes a long way and provides deep nourishment for the face, hands, body and hair when we’re feeling a bit under the weather.
Boost your skin this winter
Using this organic Moroccan oil results in skin looking healthy and revitalised, which is perfect for these miserable autumn days, and can even boost cell stimulation and regeneration.
Other plant oils are effective at promoting plump and hydrated-looking skin, such as rosehip oil, which could even help to reduce wrinkles. It absorbs very quickly into the skin and acts as an anti-ageing product, reducing the appearance of age spots and scars.
Individuals could also use almond oil to fight flaky, dry skin this season. Simply massage a dollop of the product into problem areas before going to bed and your skin will feel smooth and polished the next day.
The Daily Mail recommends nourishing your skin by rubbing in hydrating serums at night, which helps to stimulate the circulation and evens out skin tone. Using your fingers, gently pat your product of choice onto your face and massage it in small circles until the cream or oil is completely absorbed. Be particularly careful of the eye area because it is delicate and the skin there is thinner than on the rest of the face, so use very light touches to apply the product.
Check here more information about argan oil benefits
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.