Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Avocados ’help fight ageing process’
They’re delicious in salads and an excellent source of ’good’ fats, and now it has been found that avocados can help fight disease and signs of ageing.
Research from the Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo in Mexico found avocado oil can protect the body’s cells against damaging free radicals, which attack lipids, proteins and DNA and in doing so contribute to the ageing process.
Free radicals are especially dangerous because they turn the energy producing part of cells - mitochondria - into free radicals too, a process that is associated with several diseases, from hypertension to diabetes.
Countless amounts of money are spent treating these illnesses, so if avocados can be used to help prevent or cure damage caused by free radicals, health systems around the world will be able to slash their spending accordingly.
The herbal oil is similar in composition to olive oil, which is widely used in Mediterranean countries and is said to be linked to low levels of chronic disease in these populations.
Lead researcher Christopher Cortes-Rojo said that avocado oil could become known as the olive oil of the Americas.
"Our results are promising because they indicate avocado consumption could improve the health status of diabetic and other patients," he commented.
"In some Mediterranean countries, low or almost no appearance of these kinds of diseases has been associated with the high olive oil consumption."
Previous research has found that avocados can lower the blood concentration of cholesterol and reduce certain fats that are increased in patients with diabetes and that can lead to stroke and heart attack.
Avocado is also great for soothing irritated skin as it contains vitamin E, which is great for producing healthy red blood cells and protecting the heart, as well as promoting healthy skin and hair.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?