Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Avocados ’help fight ageing process’
They’re delicious in salads and an excellent source of ’good’ fats, and now it has been found that avocados can help fight disease and signs of ageing.
Research from the Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo in Mexico found avocado oil can protect the body’s cells against damaging free radicals, which attack lipids, proteins and DNA and in doing so contribute to the ageing process.
Free radicals are especially dangerous because they turn the energy producing part of cells - mitochondria - into free radicals too, a process that is associated with several diseases, from hypertension to diabetes.
Countless amounts of money are spent treating these illnesses, so if avocados can be used to help prevent or cure damage caused by free radicals, health systems around the world will be able to slash their spending accordingly.
The herbal oil is similar in composition to olive oil, which is widely used in Mediterranean countries and is said to be linked to low levels of chronic disease in these populations.
Lead researcher Christopher Cortes-Rojo said that avocado oil could become known as the olive oil of the Americas.
"Our results are promising because they indicate avocado consumption could improve the health status of diabetic and other patients," he commented.
"In some Mediterranean countries, low or almost no appearance of these kinds of diseases has been associated with the high olive oil consumption."
Previous research has found that avocados can lower the blood concentration of cholesterol and reduce certain fats that are increased in patients with diabetes and that can lead to stroke and heart attack.
Avocado is also great for soothing irritated skin as it contains vitamin E, which is great for producing healthy red blood cells and protecting the heart, as well as promoting healthy skin and hair.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Women Plus Black Cohosh & Chasteberry Herbal Tincture 100mlAs low as £20.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?