Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Benefits of oiling the hair
What can cause hair loss?
Worried about the amount of hair that ends up in your brush every morning, or the strands left on your pillow overnight? Shedding is usual, particularly during the warmer weather, but losing clumps of hair every day requires intervention in order restore your locks to their former glory.
According to Nicole Low, brand manager at Kerastase, it is usual to lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair every day.
She told thestar.com that people should seek professional advice if they are experiencing abnormal hair loss, thinning hair or fragile, weak hair, which often presents itself in the form of split ends. "Genetics, stress, medication, hormonal changes and poor diet are some of the causes of hair fall. Depending on the contributing factors, hair fall can be temporary or permanent," the news source reported.
How can you address hair loss?
However, many people with hair loss simply focus on the natural outcome of shedding - bald spots - rather than addressing what can be done to promote hair growth again. That’s where hair oil comes in. Oiling the hair once a week is said by followers of the method to stimulate growth and nourish the follicle, which in turn strengthens hair and reduces split ends.
Start with herbal oils
To start with, you’ll need a herbal oil that suits your hair condition and problem. Coconut oil is a good all-rounder, helping to reduce shedding and promote strength and shine, while jojoba oil is used to stimulate growth.
Mix things up with castor oil
Mix your chosen oil with a carrier oil, such as castor oil, to make the solution go further. Warm it in a bowl or jug for a few seconds in the microwave, testing the liquid with your finger to ensure it is not too hot.
Divide your hair into sections and apply the oil from root to tip with your hands. Rub it firmly into your scalp, using your fingers to give yourself a head massage at the same time. It is thought that stimulation of the scalp is what reduces hair loss, so massage it in for as long as possible.
Rinse and repeat
You can either leave the oil on for half an hour or overnight, wrapping your hair in a warm towel to stop your pillow getting oily and using the heat of the towel to ensure the oil penetrates into your hair.
Repeat the process once a week for as long as it takes to see a difference. Your hair will look healthier, shinier and stronger - and should grow faster as a result of all that scalp massage.
- Stimulator Hair Lotion 50ml20% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Organic Hand Made Shea Butter (Unrefined) 200g20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Argan Moroccan Organic Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)