Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Change bedding to get best sleep
Hoovering the mattress and changing the pillows frequently can help individuals sleep better, according to the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association.
Director Mrs Marianne J Davey explained that many people suffer allergies to their bedding, particularly to house dust mites and feathers, so it might be worthwhile investing in some anti-allergy bedding to keep night-time disturbances to a minimum.
She also advised those looking for sleeping tips to help them rest better at night to stick to a routine.
"Good sleep hygiene is more important than the actual bed and bedding, so follow a few simple rules so that you can get a good night’s sleep. Keep the bedroom warm but not hot, go to bed at the same time every night, don’t eat, drink alcohol or smoke for at least four hours before bed, use the bedroom for sleep and sex only - no TVs, radio or any other distractions. If there is external noise that keeps you awake, try some ear plugs," she advised.
Sleeping well and following a good diet are part of healthy living, which could help individuals feel better inside and look glowing on the outside.
Research recently published in the European Respiratory Journal found that a Mediterranean-style diet combined with 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day can improve people’s sleep.
The researchers studied the sleeping patterns of 40 obese people suffering from sleep apnoea, half of who were put on a Mediterranean diet, and found this group had a lower number of sleep disturbances during the REM stage.
Mrs Davey said the findings look promising as they could help people having problems with getting enough sleep.
"The Mediterranean diet clearly shows that they eat far less red meat and refined cereals - which are high in fat content - but eat more in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables. This plus the exercise would help enormously to reducing weight and therefore to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnoea," she added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.