Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Change bedding to get best sleep
Hoovering the mattress and changing the pillows frequently can help individuals sleep better, according to the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association.
Director Mrs Marianne J Davey explained that many people suffer allergies to their bedding, particularly to house dust mites and feathers, so it might be worthwhile investing in some anti-allergy bedding to keep night-time disturbances to a minimum.
She also advised those looking for sleeping tips to help them rest better at night to stick to a routine.
"Good sleep hygiene is more important than the actual bed and bedding, so follow a few simple rules so that you can get a good night’s sleep. Keep the bedroom warm but not hot, go to bed at the same time every night, don’t eat, drink alcohol or smoke for at least four hours before bed, use the bedroom for sleep and sex only - no TVs, radio or any other distractions. If there is external noise that keeps you awake, try some ear plugs," she advised.
Sleeping well and following a good diet are part of healthy living, which could help individuals feel better inside and look glowing on the outside.
Research recently published in the European Respiratory Journal found that a Mediterranean-style diet combined with 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day can improve people’s sleep.
The researchers studied the sleeping patterns of 40 obese people suffering from sleep apnoea, half of who were put on a Mediterranean diet, and found this group had a lower number of sleep disturbances during the REM stage.
Mrs Davey said the findings look promising as they could help people having problems with getting enough sleep.
"The Mediterranean diet clearly shows that they eat far less red meat and refined cereals - which are high in fat content - but eat more in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables. This plus the exercise would help enormously to reducing weight and therefore to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnoea," she added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy