Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Change bedding to get best sleep
Hoovering the mattress and changing the pillows frequently can help individuals sleep better, according to the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association.
Director Mrs Marianne J Davey explained that many people suffer allergies to their bedding, particularly to house dust mites and feathers, so it might be worthwhile investing in some anti-allergy bedding to keep night-time disturbances to a minimum.
She also advised those looking for sleeping tips to help them rest better at night to stick to a routine.
"Good sleep hygiene is more important than the actual bed and bedding, so follow a few simple rules so that you can get a good night’s sleep. Keep the bedroom warm but not hot, go to bed at the same time every night, don’t eat, drink alcohol or smoke for at least four hours before bed, use the bedroom for sleep and sex only - no TVs, radio or any other distractions. If there is external noise that keeps you awake, try some ear plugs," she advised.
Sleeping well and following a good diet are part of healthy living, which could help individuals feel better inside and look glowing on the outside.
Research recently published in the European Respiratory Journal found that a Mediterranean-style diet combined with 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day can improve people’s sleep.
The researchers studied the sleeping patterns of 40 obese people suffering from sleep apnoea, half of who were put on a Mediterranean diet, and found this group had a lower number of sleep disturbances during the REM stage.
Mrs Davey said the findings look promising as they could help people having problems with getting enough sleep.
"The Mediterranean diet clearly shows that they eat far less red meat and refined cereals - which are high in fat content - but eat more in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables. This plus the exercise would help enormously to reducing weight and therefore to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnoea," she added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks