Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Change bedding to get best sleep
Hoovering the mattress and changing the pillows frequently can help individuals sleep better, according to the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association.
Director Mrs Marianne J Davey explained that many people suffer allergies to their bedding, particularly to house dust mites and feathers, so it might be worthwhile investing in some anti-allergy bedding to keep night-time disturbances to a minimum.
She also advised those looking for sleeping tips to help them rest better at night to stick to a routine.
"Good sleep hygiene is more important than the actual bed and bedding, so follow a few simple rules so that you can get a good night’s sleep. Keep the bedroom warm but not hot, go to bed at the same time every night, don’t eat, drink alcohol or smoke for at least four hours before bed, use the bedroom for sleep and sex only - no TVs, radio or any other distractions. If there is external noise that keeps you awake, try some ear plugs," she advised.
Sleeping well and following a good diet are part of healthy living, which could help individuals feel better inside and look glowing on the outside.
Research recently published in the European Respiratory Journal found that a Mediterranean-style diet combined with 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day can improve people’s sleep.
The researchers studied the sleeping patterns of 40 obese people suffering from sleep apnoea, half of who were put on a Mediterranean diet, and found this group had a lower number of sleep disturbances during the REM stage.
Mrs Davey said the findings look promising as they could help people having problems with getting enough sleep.
"The Mediterranean diet clearly shows that they eat far less red meat and refined cereals - which are high in fat content - but eat more in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables. This plus the exercise would help enormously to reducing weight and therefore to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnoea," she added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)