Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Choose argan oil for improved skin, hair and nails this autumn
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Individuals who are feeling a little sluggish now that the run of good weather has come to an end could perk themselves up with some pampering.
Natural beauty products could be the ideal present to yourself this autumn, as they are designed to make you feel better inside and make you look better on the outside.
What is argan oil used for?
Indulge your skin and hair with argan oil, which has multiple uses both as a body moisturiser and as an organic conditioner to rescue your locks from the terrors of wind, rain and central heating.
Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the argan tree, which is native to the Argan forest of south-west Morocco. For centuries the oil has been used in cooking and for cosmetic purposes, as it is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which can improve tired, dry skin, rejuvenate healthy cells and promote skin elasticity.
People who suffer with skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis can this organic oil too because it chemical-free and completely natural.
The oil can also be used by expectant mums to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars, and some say it can help protect skin against sun damage caused by UV exposure.
Essential solution for the winter months
As we head into autumn and the cold weather starts to bite, argan oil could be slathered on wet hair for really deep conditioning, which will negate the drying effects of central heating in homes and those blasts of hot air in offices and shops.
It could also be dabbed on to cuticles to help strengthen nails, as often women find their fingernails split and soften in the winter. Chapped hands might be soothed by a daily massage with the oil.
Finally, you can use argan oil as a barrier between your skin and the harsh environment, so smoothing a layer of oil onto your face before putting on your make-up may protect the skin against the pollutants in the air around us.
Find here more information about argan oil for winter skin problems
- Pure MCT Coconut Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed (Organic)50% OFFSpecial Price £5.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks