Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Clear out your clutter to lift your mood
Do you find yourself longing for spring and feeling fed up of all this cold weather? Try having a big clear out in line with ancient Feng Shui principles.
According to Feng Shui consultant Jackie Notman, decluttering our homes and work spaces can improve our mental health and mood, so try setting aside a few hours to do a big cleaning blitz.
"Think light, bright and airy. Natural light has so many health giving benefits, one of which is that it lifts our mood," she remarked.
"Make sure you get as much natural light as you can by cleaning your windows and curtains, and having the curtains open - ventilation is important too."
The act of spring cleaning not only improves the appearance of a living space, it also re-energises the people under that roof.
Ms Notman suggested visualising visitors coming to your house to see you, as this is one way of knowing exactly what needs to be done around the home to clear it up in time for spring.
"Would I feel welcome? Or would I have to push open a broken gate, scratch my way past overgrown shrubs and avoid the cracks in the path? Then, when I found your door, would I know it was the right one? Is the door number visible? Does the door bell work?"
She noted that the front door is a good metaphor for the way we socialise with others, so give it a lick of paint and surround it with pot plants or hanging baskets to make visitors feel welcome.
"There’s a reason why, until recently, it was very common to clean our doorstep every day - it wasn’t just to keep it clean, but to ensure that anything that passed over the threshold was beneficial to the household," Ms Notman added.
If you want to practise green living this year and give your friends eco-friendly gifts, start with the basic principles of Feng Shui and ask loved ones if they’d like a hand with their spring cleaning.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.