Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Clear out your clutter to lift your mood
Do you find yourself longing for spring and feeling fed up of all this cold weather? Try having a big clear out in line with ancient Feng Shui principles.
According to Feng Shui consultant Jackie Notman, decluttering our homes and work spaces can improve our mental health and mood, so try setting aside a few hours to do a big cleaning blitz.
"Think light, bright and airy. Natural light has so many health giving benefits, one of which is that it lifts our mood," she remarked.
"Make sure you get as much natural light as you can by cleaning your windows and curtains, and having the curtains open - ventilation is important too."
The act of spring cleaning not only improves the appearance of a living space, it also re-energises the people under that roof.
Ms Notman suggested visualising visitors coming to your house to see you, as this is one way of knowing exactly what needs to be done around the home to clear it up in time for spring.
"Would I feel welcome? Or would I have to push open a broken gate, scratch my way past overgrown shrubs and avoid the cracks in the path? Then, when I found your door, would I know it was the right one? Is the door number visible? Does the door bell work?"
She noted that the front door is a good metaphor for the way we socialise with others, so give it a lick of paint and surround it with pot plants or hanging baskets to make visitors feel welcome.
"There’s a reason why, until recently, it was very common to clean our doorstep every day - it wasn’t just to keep it clean, but to ensure that anything that passed over the threshold was beneficial to the household," Ms Notman added.
If you want to practise green living this year and give your friends eco-friendly gifts, start with the basic principles of Feng Shui and ask loved ones if they’d like a hand with their spring cleaning.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.