Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Coldstream Guards ’use Yoga mats to deal with warm conditions’
They may not be the first group of people that spring to mind when you think of a class full of occupied Yoga mats, but the Coldstream Guards are reportedly taking up the traditional art of Yoga to deal with the demands of their job.
According to the Daily Mail, the guards, who wear heavy bearskin helmets in both the summer and the winter, have taken up Bikram Yoga in order to deal with hot conditions, as they regularly carry out the Trooping of the Colour in full regalia come rain or shine.
Bikram classes involve heating the room to 40 degrees and performing up to 26 Yoga postures in 90 minutes, which is said to help burn off calories while benefiting from the pain relief that comes with stretching.
The newspaper stated that the hot and humid conditions of the Yoga classes are designed to flush out toxins through sweating and could also help prevent injuries, while up to 1,250 calories can be burnt in a single session.
Other household names who are said to be fans of laying out their Yoga equipment in Bikram classes as Lady Gaga, David Beckham and Robbie Williams, the publication added.
Meanwhile, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine has spoken out about his exercise regime and how he uses Yoga to sculpt his body rather than use weights.
He told Details magazine that the stretching helps him feel more relaxed while toning his entire body. "It’s an investment in happiness for the rest of my life," he added.
And Crewe football club manager Steve Davis has told reporters that he is going to introduce his squad to Yoga equipment so that they can improve their flexibility and prolong their sports careers.
"It will cut down the injuries and strengthen areas where they’re weak at the moment. It’s something different and it will freshen things up," Mr Davis added.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?