Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Coldstream Guards ’use Yoga mats to deal with warm conditions’
They may not be the first group of people that spring to mind when you think of a class full of occupied Yoga mats, but the Coldstream Guards are reportedly taking up the traditional art of Yoga to deal with the demands of their job.
According to the Daily Mail, the guards, who wear heavy bearskin helmets in both the summer and the winter, have taken up Bikram Yoga in order to deal with hot conditions, as they regularly carry out the Trooping of the Colour in full regalia come rain or shine.
Bikram classes involve heating the room to 40 degrees and performing up to 26 Yoga postures in 90 minutes, which is said to help burn off calories while benefiting from the pain relief that comes with stretching.
The newspaper stated that the hot and humid conditions of the Yoga classes are designed to flush out toxins through sweating and could also help prevent injuries, while up to 1,250 calories can be burnt in a single session.
Other household names who are said to be fans of laying out their Yoga equipment in Bikram classes as Lady Gaga, David Beckham and Robbie Williams, the publication added.
Meanwhile, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine has spoken out about his exercise regime and how he uses Yoga to sculpt his body rather than use weights.
He told Details magazine that the stretching helps him feel more relaxed while toning his entire body. "It’s an investment in happiness for the rest of my life," he added.
And Crewe football club manager Steve Davis has told reporters that he is going to introduce his squad to Yoga equipment so that they can improve their flexibility and prolong their sports careers.
"It will cut down the injuries and strengthen areas where they’re weak at the moment. It’s something different and it will freshen things up," Mr Davis added.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks