Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Coldstream Guards ’use Yoga mats to deal with warm conditions’
They may not be the first group of people that spring to mind when you think of a class full of occupied Yoga mats, but the Coldstream Guards are reportedly taking up the traditional art of Yoga to deal with the demands of their job.
According to the Daily Mail, the guards, who wear heavy bearskin helmets in both the summer and the winter, have taken up Bikram Yoga in order to deal with hot conditions, as they regularly carry out the Trooping of the Colour in full regalia come rain or shine.
Bikram classes involve heating the room to 40 degrees and performing up to 26 Yoga postures in 90 minutes, which is said to help burn off calories while benefiting from the pain relief that comes with stretching.
The newspaper stated that the hot and humid conditions of the Yoga classes are designed to flush out toxins through sweating and could also help prevent injuries, while up to 1,250 calories can be burnt in a single session.
Other household names who are said to be fans of laying out their Yoga equipment in Bikram classes as Lady Gaga, David Beckham and Robbie Williams, the publication added.
Meanwhile, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine has spoken out about his exercise regime and how he uses Yoga to sculpt his body rather than use weights.
He told Details magazine that the stretching helps him feel more relaxed while toning his entire body. "It’s an investment in happiness for the rest of my life," he added.
And Crewe football club manager Steve Davis has told reporters that he is going to introduce his squad to Yoga equipment so that they can improve their flexibility and prolong their sports careers.
"It will cut down the injuries and strengthen areas where they’re weak at the moment. It’s something different and it will freshen things up," Mr Davis added.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.