Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Comprehensive approach ’aids faster weight loss’
A holistic approach that includes healthy nutritional supplements may be the best way to achieving success in shedding pounds.
According to Zoe Hellman, head of dietetics and health policy at Weight Watchers, people keen on losing weight should embark on a "comprehensive" regimen that includes healthy living and staying active.
She maintained that a multi-pronged approach that includes group support and adopting healthy behavioral patterns is the fastest way to weight loss success and maintaining a trim physique.
"You need to watch what you eat and control your intake, you also need to be physically active regularly," Ms Hellman commented.
"You need to acknowledge that if this weight loss is going to last for the long-term, which is of course what we want to help people to do, you have got to change those bad habits into good, and make changes to your lifestyle."
Incorporating supplements such as Organic Spirulina Extract Capsules and Total Body Slim Complex can also help keep the pounds from piling on.
Ms Hellman urged people trying to lose weight that it is not just what they eat that is important - they need to remember to incorporate all the other elements otherwise they are likely to fail in their quest to lose weight and keep it off.
Those seeking to lose weight were also advised not to try to go it alone and forgo the help of a supportive network of kindred spirits.
Ms Hellman pointed out that there is plenty of independent evidence is shows that weekly group support can significantly help people achieve success in their weight loss efforts.
A recent report published by The Lancet medical journal found that adults who are referred to a commercial weight loss programme lose around twice as much weight as people who receive standard care over a 12-month period.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?