Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga benefit Parkinson’s patients?
Taking up gentle exercise could be beneficial to those with degenerative central nervous system disorders and help them reduce stress levels.
This is the view of Tom Isaacs, president and co-founder of The Cure Parkinson’s Trust, who explained that exercise can help Parkinson’s patients in a number of ways.
"These include the effects exercise has on lessening stress, improving general body function and sleeping patterns together with more psychological aspects such as increased confidence and a more positive attitude to life," he pointed out.
"Ultimately, Parkinson’s is a very individual condition and different people will derive benefits from different types of exercise."
Mr Isaacs’ remarks came after the English National Ballet opened its doors to offer people with Parkinson’s the chance to attend dance classes at the prestigious institution, in the hopes that this will improve their quality of life.
The disease affects mobility and muscle function, and people who have it often suffer from broken nights and, in the later stages, full body shaking and paranoia. It could be that lying on Yoga mats for a few minutes a day helps patients to relax, focus on their breathing and let go of their stress.
According to the Yoga Health Benefits blog, Ashtanga Yoga in particular is a useful exercise to master for Parkinson’s sufferers, because it can improve blood circulation, increase flexibility and boost alertness.
"Though Parkinson’s does not always weaken the muscles of the body, people suffering from Parkinson’s are advised to practice Yoga daily," the blog said. "If a person with Parkinson’s avoids movement, it is likely that the muscles will get weak due to the lack of exercise."
However, it is best to take it slow to start, and learn how to master the basics at a steady pace so there is no fatigue or injury, the news source added.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)