Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help little ones to relax?
While we often think of stress as something that can only be experienced by adults, the feelings of pressure and worry are not alien to youngsters either.
Which is why a series of classes is being aimed at children to help them unwind and release their stress through practising Yoga moves.
Yoga teacher Katie Brennan of Greater Manchester devised the relaxation programme to combine song, games, playtime and simple unwinding techniques to help out stressed little ones, Metro reported.
Susie Lopez of Bent On Learning, a US-based charity that advocates Yoga for kids, told the newspaper that children make ideal pupils for the stretching classes because they live completely in the present.
"Yoga provides a firm yet flexible foundation for developing a healthy body and mind, for life," she explained.
"School days can be long and challenging; peer pressure, stresses at home or in a busy social life can build up and debilitate even the most grounded of students. Yoga is a guide to life and its lessons can be ascribed to any goal; as I like to remind my kids, ’focus your mind, count your breath in time, practice every day and all will come your way.’"
With the annual exam season almost upon us, getting children to lie down on Yoga mats and focus on their breathing could be a great way to get rid of all the stress associated with revision and tests.
Meanwhile, research published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pedriatrics has revealed that Kripalu Yoga classes could help secondary school students let go of their mood swings, tension and anxiety while improving their resilience, control of anger expression and mindfulness.
"Yoga may serve a preventive role in adolescent mental health," commented lead author Jessica Noggle of Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.