Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help little ones to relax?
While we often think of stress as something that can only be experienced by adults, the feelings of pressure and worry are not alien to youngsters either.
Which is why a series of classes is being aimed at children to help them unwind and release their stress through practising Yoga moves.
Yoga teacher Katie Brennan of Greater Manchester devised the relaxation programme to combine song, games, playtime and simple unwinding techniques to help out stressed little ones, Metro reported.
Susie Lopez of Bent On Learning, a US-based charity that advocates Yoga for kids, told the newspaper that children make ideal pupils for the stretching classes because they live completely in the present.
"Yoga provides a firm yet flexible foundation for developing a healthy body and mind, for life," she explained.
"School days can be long and challenging; peer pressure, stresses at home or in a busy social life can build up and debilitate even the most grounded of students. Yoga is a guide to life and its lessons can be ascribed to any goal; as I like to remind my kids, ’focus your mind, count your breath in time, practice every day and all will come your way.’"
With the annual exam season almost upon us, getting children to lie down on Yoga mats and focus on their breathing could be a great way to get rid of all the stress associated with revision and tests.
Meanwhile, research published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pedriatrics has revealed that Kripalu Yoga classes could help secondary school students let go of their mood swings, tension and anxiety while improving their resilience, control of anger expression and mindfulness.
"Yoga may serve a preventive role in adolescent mental health," commented lead author Jessica Noggle of Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks