Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help little ones to relax?
While we often think of stress as something that can only be experienced by adults, the feelings of pressure and worry are not alien to youngsters either.
Which is why a series of classes is being aimed at children to help them unwind and release their stress through practising Yoga moves.
Yoga teacher Katie Brennan of Greater Manchester devised the relaxation programme to combine song, games, playtime and simple unwinding techniques to help out stressed little ones, Metro reported.
Susie Lopez of Bent On Learning, a US-based charity that advocates Yoga for kids, told the newspaper that children make ideal pupils for the stretching classes because they live completely in the present.
"Yoga provides a firm yet flexible foundation for developing a healthy body and mind, for life," she explained.
"School days can be long and challenging; peer pressure, stresses at home or in a busy social life can build up and debilitate even the most grounded of students. Yoga is a guide to life and its lessons can be ascribed to any goal; as I like to remind my kids, ’focus your mind, count your breath in time, practice every day and all will come your way.’"
With the annual exam season almost upon us, getting children to lie down on Yoga mats and focus on their breathing could be a great way to get rid of all the stress associated with revision and tests.
Meanwhile, research published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pedriatrics has revealed that Kripalu Yoga classes could help secondary school students let go of their mood swings, tension and anxiety while improving their resilience, control of anger expression and mindfulness.
"Yoga may serve a preventive role in adolescent mental health," commented lead author Jessica Noggle of Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)