Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help little ones to relax?
While we often think of stress as something that can only be experienced by adults, the feelings of pressure and worry are not alien to youngsters either.
Which is why a series of classes is being aimed at children to help them unwind and release their stress through practising Yoga moves.
Yoga teacher Katie Brennan of Greater Manchester devised the relaxation programme to combine song, games, playtime and simple unwinding techniques to help out stressed little ones, Metro reported.
Susie Lopez of Bent On Learning, a US-based charity that advocates Yoga for kids, told the newspaper that children make ideal pupils for the stretching classes because they live completely in the present.
"Yoga provides a firm yet flexible foundation for developing a healthy body and mind, for life," she explained.
"School days can be long and challenging; peer pressure, stresses at home or in a busy social life can build up and debilitate even the most grounded of students. Yoga is a guide to life and its lessons can be ascribed to any goal; as I like to remind my kids, ’focus your mind, count your breath in time, practice every day and all will come your way.’"
With the annual exam season almost upon us, getting children to lie down on Yoga mats and focus on their breathing could be a great way to get rid of all the stress associated with revision and tests.
Meanwhile, research published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pedriatrics has revealed that Kripalu Yoga classes could help secondary school students let go of their mood swings, tension and anxiety while improving their resilience, control of anger expression and mindfulness.
"Yoga may serve a preventive role in adolescent mental health," commented lead author Jessica Noggle of Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.