Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help you relax?
Practising your postures on quality Yoga mats could help you still your racing mind and calm you down in times of stress.
This is the view of Emma Catto, a Yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, who said the poses and controlled breathing encourages us to detach from "the contant chatter of the mind".
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be ’in our body’ and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down. They also help our body release chronic and acute tension held in our body and teach us how to relax," she commented.
While Yoga beginners might feel a little alarmed by the level of agility and flexibility involved, with time and practice they too will be able to get the most out of their Yoga equipment.
"It is essential to start with a beginner’s class or course and to make sure that the teacher is qualified. It is advisable to think what you would like your Yoga practice to give you and then you can choose the most appropriately qualified teacher," Ms Catto added.
Her comments came after research from the Boston University School of Medicine and other US institutions found strong links between Yoga and a reduction of stress-related symptoms.
The study revealed that Yoga could be effective at treating conditions like depression, high blood pressure, anxiety and heart disease.
Meanwhile, reality star Gretchen Rossi of US show The Real Housewives of Orange County has been showing off the results of her devotion to Yoga, having been spotted in California practising Yoga postures ahead of a jog around her neighbourhood.
She struck a few poses to limber up for her run and displayed her toned body in a crop top and sports shorts.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.