Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help you relax?
Practising your postures on quality Yoga mats could help you still your racing mind and calm you down in times of stress.
This is the view of Emma Catto, a Yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, who said the poses and controlled breathing encourages us to detach from "the contant chatter of the mind".
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be ’in our body’ and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down. They also help our body release chronic and acute tension held in our body and teach us how to relax," she commented.
While Yoga beginners might feel a little alarmed by the level of agility and flexibility involved, with time and practice they too will be able to get the most out of their Yoga equipment.
"It is essential to start with a beginner’s class or course and to make sure that the teacher is qualified. It is advisable to think what you would like your Yoga practice to give you and then you can choose the most appropriately qualified teacher," Ms Catto added.
Her comments came after research from the Boston University School of Medicine and other US institutions found strong links between Yoga and a reduction of stress-related symptoms.
The study revealed that Yoga could be effective at treating conditions like depression, high blood pressure, anxiety and heart disease.
Meanwhile, reality star Gretchen Rossi of US show The Real Housewives of Orange County has been showing off the results of her devotion to Yoga, having been spotted in California practising Yoga postures ahead of a jog around her neighbourhood.
She struck a few poses to limber up for her run and displayed her toned body in a crop top and sports shorts.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks