Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help you relax?
Practising your postures on quality Yoga mats could help you still your racing mind and calm you down in times of stress.
This is the view of Emma Catto, a Yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, who said the poses and controlled breathing encourages us to detach from "the contant chatter of the mind".
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be ’in our body’ and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down. They also help our body release chronic and acute tension held in our body and teach us how to relax," she commented.
While Yoga beginners might feel a little alarmed by the level of agility and flexibility involved, with time and practice they too will be able to get the most out of their Yoga equipment.
"It is essential to start with a beginner’s class or course and to make sure that the teacher is qualified. It is advisable to think what you would like your Yoga practice to give you and then you can choose the most appropriately qualified teacher," Ms Catto added.
Her comments came after research from the Boston University School of Medicine and other US institutions found strong links between Yoga and a reduction of stress-related symptoms.
The study revealed that Yoga could be effective at treating conditions like depression, high blood pressure, anxiety and heart disease.
Meanwhile, reality star Gretchen Rossi of US show The Real Housewives of Orange County has been showing off the results of her devotion to Yoga, having been spotted in California practising Yoga postures ahead of a jog around her neighbourhood.
She struck a few poses to limber up for her run and displayed her toned body in a crop top and sports shorts.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)