Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could Yoga help you relax?
Practising your postures on quality Yoga mats could help you still your racing mind and calm you down in times of stress.
This is the view of Emma Catto, a Yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, who said the poses and controlled breathing encourages us to detach from "the contant chatter of the mind".
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be ’in our body’ and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down. They also help our body release chronic and acute tension held in our body and teach us how to relax," she commented.
While Yoga beginners might feel a little alarmed by the level of agility and flexibility involved, with time and practice they too will be able to get the most out of their Yoga equipment.
"It is essential to start with a beginner’s class or course and to make sure that the teacher is qualified. It is advisable to think what you would like your Yoga practice to give you and then you can choose the most appropriately qualified teacher," Ms Catto added.
Her comments came after research from the Boston University School of Medicine and other US institutions found strong links between Yoga and a reduction of stress-related symptoms.
The study revealed that Yoga could be effective at treating conditions like depression, high blood pressure, anxiety and heart disease.
Meanwhile, reality star Gretchen Rossi of US show The Real Housewives of Orange County has been showing off the results of her devotion to Yoga, having been spotted in California practising Yoga postures ahead of a jog around her neighbourhood.
She struck a few poses to limber up for her run and displayed her toned body in a crop top and sports shorts.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy