Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could running help you kick the stress?
As well as practising your breathing on quality Yoga mats and letting off steam by meditating for a few minutes every evening, stressed-out people could take up running to ease the mental strain imposed by work and family life.
According to diet and fitness expert Laura Williams, running helps relieve stress by promoting the release of endorphins, which have a natural energy boosting effect on the body.
"You can use running as quiet time to focus and contemplate, two things that can be difficult to do in other environments when there are so many distractions," she explained. "It can be a time to take in your surroundings and focus on your breathing - a little time out, basically, from your To Do list."
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reports that fitness has become the ’new rich’, and in order to keep up with the Joneses we have to continually pledge ourselves to complete 10K runs, marathons and other sporting events.
Celebrity trainer Dan Roberts told the newspaper that individuals are training harder than ever before.
"There has been a rise in the number of people doing crazy ultra-endurance events like the Marathon des Sables, or city-based obstacle courses like the Rat Race," he explained.
"I think the recession has played a part - people need a way to release stress and exercise is the best stress-management tool and it costs nothing to go for a ten-mile run."
Lifestyle blogger Judy Fixler of Syracuse.com reckons running gives people a chance to clear their head and let go of all the niggles they’ve been dwelling on throughout the day - and getting active is a much healthier way to reduce stress than by self-medicating with alcohol and cake.
If you’re not into the whole getting up early and running around the park five times thing, look into investing in Yoga equipment so that you can have some quiet ’me time’ each day in which to think through your problems calmly and reach a solution in your head.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.