Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Could soy help prevent liver disease?
In the battle against the bulge, many of us use any weapon at our disposal: taking the stairs instead of the lift, eating numerous portions of fruit and vegetables each day and getting enough sleep for our body to regulate our hunger properly.
And now research shows that adding soy to our diet could help significantly reduce fat accumulation in the liver, which may encourage healthy living shoppers to fill up their trolleys with the healthy legume.
A study carried out by University of Illinois scientists revealed that protein found in the bean restores partial function of the liver’s key signalling system in obese patients, which can help alleviate some of the stress put on fatty livers.
Lead researcher Hong Chen commented: "Almost a third of American adults have fatty liver disease, many of them without symptoms. Obesity is a key risk factor for this condition, which can lead to liver failure.
"When fat accumulates in an organ that’s not supposed to store fat - like the liver, that organ’s vital function can be dangerously compromised," she noted.
Tucking into tofu and soy yoghurt could therefore help those who suffer with fatty liver disease.
Soy is also known to contain high levels of antioxidants, in particular
genistein, which is associated with a reduced chance of developing cancer.
Meanwhile, fitness expert Steve Halsall has given his advice on the best ways to burn off calories and fight the flab.
"Interval walking (bursts of intense walking followed by slower walking) will burn more calories, [and] some studies have implied that the use of Nordic walking poles increases calorific expenditure even more than conventional walking," he explained.
"Using naturally occurring slopes and hills will increase intensity too. Ultimately it is about creating a situation where it is a workout, not a stroll."
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin