Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Crash diets ’not the answer’ to slim summer body
We might already be feeling the pressure to get beach-ready for our upcoming summer holiday, but that doesn’t mean we should be putting our body through any gruelling faddy diets.
According to registered nutritionist Dr Carina Norris, going on a drastic detox can leave us feeling weak and moody because we are depriving ourselves of vital nutrients.
"But it is a good idea to take stock of your diet, and see where it might have slipped a bit over the winter months," commented the expert. "Try to cut down on fatty, nutrient-poor foods, and fill up on nutrient-dense foods such as lean meat and poultry, fish, eggs, low-fat dairy, pulses, nuts and seeds, and plenty of fruit and vegetables."
She noted that it is important to stay well hydrated, so stock up on healthy fruit teas and herbal supplements to ensure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals you need.
Dr Norris also pointed out that using coconut oil in your diet could provide the fatty acids required to boost metabolism and aid weight loss, although there is not enough evidence to say this for sure.
"However, animal studies suggest that polyphenol compounds in coconut oil can lower total cholesterol and the ’bad’ LDL form of cholesterol, as well as raising ’good’ HDL cholesterol, which could potentially have heart benefits," she added.
Meanwhile, Buckinghamshire-based personal trainer Scott Marsh of Xcelerate Fitness told the Bucks Free Press that we have around eight weeks before the summer starts in earnest, hopefully bringing with it warmer temperatures and plenty of sun.
If you’re planning on slimming down or shaping up before hitting the beach, time is of the essence, he noted.
"Every single day counts," the fitness expert added. "Adherence is the key to any fitness program so help yourself along by marking down the days on a calendar, scheduling your workouts in advance and planning your meals ahead of time."
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy