Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Cut down on alcohol to feel better this autumn
Feeling sluggish and lethargic does not have to be par for the course at this time of the year, even though the days are getting shorter and the nights are drawing in.
If you are getting tired and fed up with the colder weather, it may be time for some healthy living to get you back on track.
According to nutritionist and author Suzi Grant, cutting down on alcohol consumption could help people start to feel better.
"Sugar is the work of the devil in my book," she explained. "Of course it's in alcohol - everyone says a glass of red wine is really good because of the antioxidants, but actually it's the grapes that are giving the antioxidants."
The British Association of Nutritional Therapists member noted that the sugar comes from the fermenting process of wine production, which can give lots of individuals digestive problems and is not good for those with diabetes or low blood-sugar problems.
"They'd be better off eating a bunch of grapes, which are still incredibly high in natural sugar but at least give the antioxidants first-hand," Ms Grant said.
Above all, drinking alcohol in moderation is advisable, not least because it is a depressive and can actually make you feel more down once the initial buzz has worn off.
"What I always tell my clients is that if they like booze, keep to the clean, low-sugar spirits like dry, sparkling wine or dry champagne, tequila or vodka. They're much lower in sugar, but if you like the odd glass of red wine that's fine," the nutrition expert added.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reported that many people could live to see their 100th birthday by following healthy living steps.
These include taking regular exercise, which could see more individuals investing in Yoga mats, because inactivity can take almost four years off a person's expected lifespan.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy