Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Cut down on alcohol to feel better this autumn
Feeling sluggish and lethargic does not have to be par for the course at this time of the year, even though the days are getting shorter and the nights are drawing in.
If you are getting tired and fed up with the colder weather, it may be time for some healthy living to get you back on track.
According to nutritionist and author Suzi Grant, cutting down on alcohol consumption could help people start to feel better.
"Sugar is the work of the devil in my book," she explained. "Of course it's in alcohol - everyone says a glass of red wine is really good because of the antioxidants, but actually it's the grapes that are giving the antioxidants."
The British Association of Nutritional Therapists member noted that the sugar comes from the fermenting process of wine production, which can give lots of individuals digestive problems and is not good for those with diabetes or low blood-sugar problems.
"They'd be better off eating a bunch of grapes, which are still incredibly high in natural sugar but at least give the antioxidants first-hand," Ms Grant said.
Above all, drinking alcohol in moderation is advisable, not least because it is a depressive and can actually make you feel more down once the initial buzz has worn off.
"What I always tell my clients is that if they like booze, keep to the clean, low-sugar spirits like dry, sparkling wine or dry champagne, tequila or vodka. They're much lower in sugar, but if you like the odd glass of red wine that's fine," the nutrition expert added.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reported that many people could live to see their 100th birthday by following healthy living steps.
These include taking regular exercise, which could see more individuals investing in Yoga mats, because inactivity can take almost four years off a person's expected lifespan.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)