Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Darker hair shades on trend for autumn
With autumn now on the way, summer hair colours are out and darker tones are likely to prove popular, according to celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward.
The stylist told the Express and Star newspaper that long beach hair is falling out of fashion as women's wardrobe choices change to suit the season.
"Going darker in autumn and winter is common," he explained. "Most women want to reflect the key fashion trends by opting for richer colours, which are denser in tone.
"This annual trend is like a hair migration. Women all over the country go for a real departure hair-wise to greet the new season and compliment their wardrobes."
In terms of styles, Josh Rees Hole, a stylist at Urban Retreat, told the publication that super-short crops like Emma Watson's will be hot this autumn.
"I think this is one that'll keep on giving," he remarked. "Since stars like Emma went for the chop, women have been getting bolder and rocking this 60s-inspired style for themselves."
If you're planning to change your style and colour your hair this autumn, it will be more important than ever to take good care of your tresses, especially once the winter weather kicks in.
A natural rich conditioner is an absolute must, even if you have greasy hair, while a good dry hair treatment can be a lifesaver if you're suffering winter-related damage to your locks.
Colder weather can also aggravate dandruff, as you'll probably be spending more time inside with the heating cranked up.
Fushi's herbal shampoos and conditioners can provide instant relief by soothing and repairing damage to the scalp.
And for a real conditioning hair treat that can also double up as a natural emollient for dry skin, keeping your body moisturised throughout the winter season, try our extra virgin coconut oil.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks