Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat your way to better skin
Using natural beauty products to soothe sore, winter-chapped skin can work in the short-term, but it is important to eat the right things to get your skin looking healthy and nourished.
As Alice Hart-Davis, creator of Goodthingsbeauty.com, pointed out, a healthy diet and lifestyle will be reflected in the skin.
"Foods that are particularly beneficial for the skin include omega-3 oils, found in oily fish and flax seeds, and antioxidants from colourful vegetables and fruit. Also, drinking water is a good part of a healthy lifestyle," she commented.
Flax seed oil is known to be very beneficial to skin, because it provides omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids right to the skin membranes. According to Herbal-powers.com, it can soothe sunburnt skin and promote healing by locking in moisture.
As well as feeding your skin with organic beauty products, give it a boost by eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg, but remember to give yourself a treat every now and again.
"Think 80-20 - 80 per cent good stuff and 20 per cent free choice," advised nutritionist Penny Crowther. "Also, think about it - if you do it the other way around and only make a 20 per cent change for the better in your diet, that's still an improvement which you can build on."
She recommended steering clear of the "perfection trap", which is where you decide to give up the healthy eating plans on the back of a one-off cream cake or boozy night out.
"Concentrate on the positive, not what you think you do wrong - which so many people do when it comes to food - and before long you'll find you're naturally eating more and more healthily, as well as feeling more relaxed without all the self-criticism," the nutrition expert added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)