Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat yourself younger with seasonal foods
Eating fruit and vegetables that are currently in season could help you increase your energy levels over the Christmas period.
Nutritionist and author Suzi Grant explained that seasonal veg can also be very filling, meaning you are less likely to reach for sugary snacks in between meals.
Try grating beetroot and carrots into delicious salads, while raw root vegetables and celeriac can be peeled and dipped in hummus for a mid-morning snack, or roasted with a drizzle of olive oil for a healthy accompaniment to your main meal.
Not only could these healthy foods do wonders for your waistline, they could even help your skin.
"Avocado [is what] I would consider a superfood - it’s not fattening and it’s really good for you. All of those essential fats are there. Fat isn’t bad - it’s essential for hair, skin and eye health. Every cell in your body needs essential fats, [though] obviously not the bad fats," Ms Grant noted.
And by combining avocado with carrier oils, you can have a rich moisturiser that leaves your skin feeling plumped and hydrated.
The fruit is packed with vitamins C and E, along with other anti-ageing nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, which will give skin that youthful glow.
As nutritionist Deepshikha Aggarwal told the Times of India: "Eating avocados can help stave off wrinkles and keep your skin looking soft and supple, because of the vitamin E that helps to get your skin glowing."
Avocado oil can also boost the production of collagen in the skin cells, which helps skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
By using herbal oils, such avocado or almond oil, mixed with a drop or two of organic chamomile, you could even banish dark circles that lurk under your eyes - perfect for the morning after the Christmas office do.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy