Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat yourself younger with seasonal foods
Eating fruit and vegetables that are currently in season could help you increase your energy levels over the Christmas period.
Nutritionist and author Suzi Grant explained that seasonal veg can also be very filling, meaning you are less likely to reach for sugary snacks in between meals.
Try grating beetroot and carrots into delicious salads, while raw root vegetables and celeriac can be peeled and dipped in hummus for a mid-morning snack, or roasted with a drizzle of olive oil for a healthy accompaniment to your main meal.
Not only could these healthy foods do wonders for your waistline, they could even help your skin.
"Avocado [is what] I would consider a superfood - it’s not fattening and it’s really good for you. All of those essential fats are there. Fat isn’t bad - it’s essential for hair, skin and eye health. Every cell in your body needs essential fats, [though] obviously not the bad fats," Ms Grant noted.
And by combining avocado with carrier oils, you can have a rich moisturiser that leaves your skin feeling plumped and hydrated.
The fruit is packed with vitamins C and E, along with other anti-ageing nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, which will give skin that youthful glow.
As nutritionist Deepshikha Aggarwal told the Times of India: "Eating avocados can help stave off wrinkles and keep your skin looking soft and supple, because of the vitamin E that helps to get your skin glowing."
Avocado oil can also boost the production of collagen in the skin cells, which helps skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
By using herbal oils, such avocado or almond oil, mixed with a drop or two of organic chamomile, you could even banish dark circles that lurk under your eyes - perfect for the morning after the Christmas office do.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)