Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eradicate itchy scalp the natural way
An itchy scalp is not just uncomfortable, but has the potential to undo all the work you’ve done on your hair in the morning as you scrabble away at your roots throughout the day.
Of course, as with many modern-day remedies, finding a natural itchy scalp treatment free from nasty chemical ingredients can prove difficult.
Fortunately, there are lots of natural alternatives to off-the-shelf treatments which are proven to keep any stressful and embarrassing daytime scalp-scratching to a minimum. Shampoos rich in essential oils are a great way for anyone with an itchy scalp to start the morning.
Sandalwood, Rose and Chickweed oils are all excellent itching combatants, often used to treat medical conditions such as eczema and psoriasis in sensitive areas such as the head.
When you wash your hair in the mornings, massage the shampoo gently into your hair so that it coats your roots for maximum effect. Consider turning the temperature down in the shower, as hot water will dry out your skin too.
Remember, it’s important not to scrub too hard, as this may aggravate your condition. Whatever you do, avoid perfumed soap and shower gels. Similarly, be sure not to rub too hard if you are towel drying your hair. After washing apply a scalp soothing oil or conditioner to further moisturise your skin and roots.
Avoid wearing hats made from wool or other materials that could irritate your skin. If you do wear a hat, it may be worth thinking about the detergent you use to wash it, which may be exacerbating your itching woes.
This also goes for your bedclothes, but particularly your pillowcase. Choose a detergent formulated for sensitive skin, which should help you to get a better night’s sleep and reduce the risk of waking up in the morning with that itching feeling.
Scalp treatments can be used in conjunction with products specifically formulated to treat dry hair, so there is no need to worry about sacrificing your appearance for the sake of a soothed scalp either.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy