Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eradicate itchy scalp the natural way
An itchy scalp is not just uncomfortable, but has the potential to undo all the work you’ve done on your hair in the morning as you scrabble away at your roots throughout the day.
Of course, as with many modern-day remedies, finding a natural itchy scalp treatment free from nasty chemical ingredients can prove difficult.
Fortunately, there are lots of natural alternatives to off-the-shelf treatments which are proven to keep any stressful and embarrassing daytime scalp-scratching to a minimum. Shampoos rich in essential oils are a great way for anyone with an itchy scalp to start the morning.
Sandalwood, Rose and Chickweed oils are all excellent itching combatants, often used to treat medical conditions such as eczema and psoriasis in sensitive areas such as the head.
When you wash your hair in the mornings, massage the shampoo gently into your hair so that it coats your roots for maximum effect. Consider turning the temperature down in the shower, as hot water will dry out your skin too.
Remember, it’s important not to scrub too hard, as this may aggravate your condition. Whatever you do, avoid perfumed soap and shower gels. Similarly, be sure not to rub too hard if you are towel drying your hair. After washing apply a scalp soothing oil or conditioner to further moisturise your skin and roots.
Avoid wearing hats made from wool or other materials that could irritate your skin. If you do wear a hat, it may be worth thinking about the detergent you use to wash it, which may be exacerbating your itching woes.
This also goes for your bedclothes, but particularly your pillowcase. Choose a detergent formulated for sensitive skin, which should help you to get a better night’s sleep and reduce the risk of waking up in the morning with that itching feeling.
Scalp treatments can be used in conjunction with products specifically formulated to treat dry hair, so there is no need to worry about sacrificing your appearance for the sake of a soothed scalp either.
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)