Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Excess festive pounds ’take three months to shift’
Are your jeans feeling a little tighter after all those mince pies, sweets and mulled wines? Are you planning a healthy New Year eating and exercise regime?
You’re not alone. Thousands of us will be looking to shift the extra pounds we’ve gained in the last few weeks, and for many it’ll be a long process.
According to a new survey by MSN, the average person will spend the next three months trying to shed the festive weight they’ve accumulated around their waistlines.
Christmas dinner alone typically contains 2,300 calories once extra helpings are taken into account. Then there are the desserts, the cheeses, the nibbles and the alcohol.
Three quarters of those questioned by MSN admitted that they over-indulge at this time of year, knowing that they will have to diet in the New Year to regain their figure.
But is it a choice between going all out at Christmas and dieting in the New Year, or forgoing the festive treats altogether? Not according to nutritionist Dora Walsh, who reckons you can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you munch on it slowly.
"You can still enjoy your food at Christmas without going overboard and gaining weight," she remarked. "The key is to eat slowly and enjoy what you are eating without over filling, and also stay active over the Christmas period to help burn off any excess calories."
"It’s all about moderation," she added, "which will help avoid the extremes of gorging at Christmas and starving after. Any post-Christmas diet plan needs to be sensible and balanced because crash diets don’t work and quick fixes won’t last."
If you’re hoping to shed a few pounds in the New Year, herbal supplements could help. Fushi’s Total Body Slim complex contains natural ingredients that can speed up the removal of cholesterol and saturated fat while balancing blood sugar levels to stop you craving sweet foods.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy