Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Feeling stressed? Get moving!
So you’ve had a stressful day at work huh? You probably want to go home, crawl into your PJs and sit in front of the TV with a full tub of Ben and Jerry’s while you feel sorry for yourself.
But wait! Why not head to the gym instead, or pull out your Yoga equipment? It’ll require a little more self motivation that collapsing on the sofa, but it could do wonders for your stress levels.
As celebrity fitness trainer Christianne Wolff explains, exercise is a great stress buster because it causes the release of feel good hormones called endorphins.
This results in a "euphoric feeling" and helps to raise your immune response, combating the negative effects of a hectic day at the office.
"Also, by working your heart and lungs, you are in effect lowering your blood pressure and resting heart rate which helps you feel calmer day to day," Ms Wolff added.
"And by getting fitter and leaner your positive energy raises and your confidence soars."
She said moderate cardio exercises such as swimming and cycling are ideal if you currently live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. So if you spend all day sitting at a desk, then perhaps a dip in the local pool before you head home would be a good idea. Alternatively, you could cycle to and from work.
If you are highly-stressed, then Ms Wolff recommends mixing these forms of exercise with non-adrenalin activities such as Yoga and Tai Chi.
"This teaches your body to gain energy using its chi rather than adrenalin, which can eventually fatigue your adrenals," she remarked.
A survey by the British Heart Foundation revealed recently that almost a fifth of UK workers suffer tension and anxiety in their personal lives as a result of stress at work.
A similar number rate their daily stress levels as seven out of ten, or above.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.