Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Feeling stressed? Get moving!
So you’ve had a stressful day at work huh? You probably want to go home, crawl into your PJs and sit in front of the TV with a full tub of Ben and Jerry’s while you feel sorry for yourself.
But wait! Why not head to the gym instead, or pull out your Yoga equipment? It’ll require a little more self motivation that collapsing on the sofa, but it could do wonders for your stress levels.
As celebrity fitness trainer Christianne Wolff explains, exercise is a great stress buster because it causes the release of feel good hormones called endorphins.
This results in a "euphoric feeling" and helps to raise your immune response, combating the negative effects of a hectic day at the office.
"Also, by working your heart and lungs, you are in effect lowering your blood pressure and resting heart rate which helps you feel calmer day to day," Ms Wolff added.
"And by getting fitter and leaner your positive energy raises and your confidence soars."
She said moderate cardio exercises such as swimming and cycling are ideal if you currently live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. So if you spend all day sitting at a desk, then perhaps a dip in the local pool before you head home would be a good idea. Alternatively, you could cycle to and from work.
If you are highly-stressed, then Ms Wolff recommends mixing these forms of exercise with non-adrenalin activities such as Yoga and Tai Chi.
"This teaches your body to gain energy using its chi rather than adrenalin, which can eventually fatigue your adrenals," she remarked.
A survey by the British Heart Foundation revealed recently that almost a fifth of UK workers suffer tension and anxiety in their personal lives as a result of stress at work.
A similar number rate their daily stress levels as seven out of ten, or above.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin