Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Football squad takes up Yoga
The Tottenham Hotspur football team could be investing in Yoga equipment this season as they seek to become stronger and suppler than their rivals in the Europa League.
Manager and former footballer Harry Redknapp explained that his squad have taken up Yoga after goalkeeper Brad Friedel's instructor came on board to devise a new warm-up regime.
"We have been getting into doing the Yoga and I think pilates is just an amazing thing," commented Mr Redknapp.
"It's great for them so they are all doing it now. I think it makes them supple. I joined in last week with all the coaches. I had sciatica for the next three nights, so I went missing when they were doing it next. But it's a great thing to do.
"When I started out as a manager, we didn't know what Yoga was. You didn't even go on the pitch before the game. It didn't happen when England won the World Cup at Wembley," he noted.
"Brad Friedel started it here. He brought a lady in to start doing the Yoga and if it's good enough for Brad with the shape he's in at 40, then it's good enough for the rest of us."
Full-back player Danny Rose has particularly enjoyed using Yoga mats to regain strength after suffering from thigh and ankle injuries, saying the Yoga classes are "a lot of fun".
''We have these Yoga gurus coming in once a week. It's all right. I'd take Yoga and pilates over running up and down hills any day," the premiership star added.
Ryan Giggs is also enjoying the stretching sessions, which Mr Redknapp said has kept him in good shape for the football season.
Giggs, who credited his Yoga instructor in his BBC sports personality of the year award acceptance speech in 2009, has been using Yoga mats for around seven years now and believes it helps him in his field.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?