Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Football squad takes up Yoga
The Tottenham Hotspur football team could be investing in Yoga equipment this season as they seek to become stronger and suppler than their rivals in the Europa League.
Manager and former footballer Harry Redknapp explained that his squad have taken up Yoga after goalkeeper Brad Friedel's instructor came on board to devise a new warm-up regime.
"We have been getting into doing the Yoga and I think pilates is just an amazing thing," commented Mr Redknapp.
"It's great for them so they are all doing it now. I think it makes them supple. I joined in last week with all the coaches. I had sciatica for the next three nights, so I went missing when they were doing it next. But it's a great thing to do.
"When I started out as a manager, we didn't know what Yoga was. You didn't even go on the pitch before the game. It didn't happen when England won the World Cup at Wembley," he noted.
"Brad Friedel started it here. He brought a lady in to start doing the Yoga and if it's good enough for Brad with the shape he's in at 40, then it's good enough for the rest of us."
Full-back player Danny Rose has particularly enjoyed using Yoga mats to regain strength after suffering from thigh and ankle injuries, saying the Yoga classes are "a lot of fun".
''We have these Yoga gurus coming in once a week. It's all right. I'd take Yoga and pilates over running up and down hills any day," the premiership star added.
Ryan Giggs is also enjoying the stretching sessions, which Mr Redknapp said has kept him in good shape for the football season.
Giggs, who credited his Yoga instructor in his BBC sports personality of the year award acceptance speech in 2009, has been using Yoga mats for around seven years now and believes it helps him in his field.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.