Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Football squad takes up Yoga
The Tottenham Hotspur football team could be investing in Yoga equipment this season as they seek to become stronger and suppler than their rivals in the Europa League.
Manager and former footballer Harry Redknapp explained that his squad have taken up Yoga after goalkeeper Brad Friedel's instructor came on board to devise a new warm-up regime.
"We have been getting into doing the Yoga and I think pilates is just an amazing thing," commented Mr Redknapp.
"It's great for them so they are all doing it now. I think it makes them supple. I joined in last week with all the coaches. I had sciatica for the next three nights, so I went missing when they were doing it next. But it's a great thing to do.
"When I started out as a manager, we didn't know what Yoga was. You didn't even go on the pitch before the game. It didn't happen when England won the World Cup at Wembley," he noted.
"Brad Friedel started it here. He brought a lady in to start doing the Yoga and if it's good enough for Brad with the shape he's in at 40, then it's good enough for the rest of us."
Full-back player Danny Rose has particularly enjoyed using Yoga mats to regain strength after suffering from thigh and ankle injuries, saying the Yoga classes are "a lot of fun".
''We have these Yoga gurus coming in once a week. It's all right. I'd take Yoga and pilates over running up and down hills any day," the premiership star added.
Ryan Giggs is also enjoying the stretching sessions, which Mr Redknapp said has kept him in good shape for the football season.
Giggs, who credited his Yoga instructor in his BBC sports personality of the year award acceptance speech in 2009, has been using Yoga mats for around seven years now and believes it helps him in his field.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks