Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Gentle exercise ’helps us deal with difficult situations’
Taking some time out on your Yoga equipment could help people feel calmer and more relaxed, and thus less prone to stress.
Ann McCracken, chair of the International Stress Management Association, explained: "Keeping active and regularly exercising helps to keep the body’s emotional chemicals in balance. This means we think, behave and react more appropriately to the situation we find ourselves in; this in turn increases the resources we have to deal with situations we perceive as difficult or challenging."
As well as investing in quality Yoga mats, individuals who are feeling frazzled by work or home life could follow a healthy eating diet and look after themselves inside and out.
"Eating starchy foods such as rice and pasta, with plenty of fruit and vegetables, some protein-rich foods such as meat, fish and lentils, and some milk and dairy foods (and not too much fat, salt or sugar) as well as drinking water, nourishes the cells in the body allowing all organs and functions to work better," Ms McCracken added.
Her comments came after research from Oregon State University found that people who identify their health as being good tend to live longer, while men who experience persistently moderate or high levels of stressful life events have a 50 per cent higher mortality rate.
Meanwhile, a study revealed that weekly Yoga classes and stretching sessions can ease pain and improve functioning in some people with chronic lower back pain.
In their research, which is published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, the researchers found that it was probably the stretching in Yoga that helped improve pain symptoms.
Karen Sherman of the Group Health Research Institute in Seattle, who led the study, told Reuters: "Here is an option that is something worth trying.
"There is absolutely no treatment that works for everybody ... [but] if they're willing to practise, they should go ahead and give it a try."
This could lead to more people getting their quality Yoga mats out and giving it a go.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy