Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get Kate Middleton hair by improving your diet
Kate Middleton has become something of a style icon since her wedding last year, and you’ll find it difficult to come across someone who isn’t a little bit envious of her glossy locks.
According to dermatologist Jessica Wu, our hair is extremely susceptible to changes in our diet and lifestyle, so a period of stress at work or a few sleepless nights will soon take its toll on the state of our scalp.
“If you’re not eating a balanced diet - and not supplying the follicles with the nutrients they need - your hair will pay the price,” the expert wrote in the Daily Mail. “It will become finer and lighter in colour, and the cuticle (the outermost layer of each hair) will fray more easily, so the hair becomes rough in texture and more prone to split ends.”
To counter this, Ms Wu suggests upping your intake of foods that are high in an amino acid named cysteine, such as pork, eggs, red peppers, dairy, garlic and oats. This will strengthen the hair by boosting production of keratin, which is what forms strands of hair.
Eating lots of spinach, lentils, whole grains and green beans will also increase your levels of silicon, which is essential for healthy strong locks.
Weak, brittle hair that is prone to breakage may be the result of a lack of iron in your diet, as anaemia can lead to thinning hair in women. Make sure your iron levels are kept up by preparing meals containing lean red meat, kidney beans and turkey, or take a nutritional supplement to ensure healthy hair, skin and nails fit for a princess.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy