Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get rid of dandruff with itchy scalp treatments and healthy diet
Dandruff. Not the most pleasant of skin conditions to endure and potentially embarrassing in social situations, as sufferers tend to feel like all eyes are on their itchy heads.
But there are gentle treatments that work to soothe angry scalps and rid the head of flakes of dry skin.
As the Times of India reports, contrary to popular belief, dandruff is not caused by excessive shampooing or dry skin, so individuals can use an itchy scalp treatment safe in the knowledge that they are calming the affected areas.
Indeed, if individuals afflicted with dandruff avoid washing their hair, they could worsen the problem, as the scalp will not be cleaned properly so the flakes will become larger and more noticeable.
As well as treating the issue externally by investing in organic shampoo, sufferers can also look after themselves inside to reduce dandruff.
A healthy diet is a great way to start and hair care fans are encouraged to eat balanced meals and avoid fried, greasy and spicy food, as well as alcohol and caffeine, to see if that helps soothe their scalp.
Food allergies and stress can also exacerbate dandruff, so a visit to the doctor could be in order if people are feeling under the weather or believe a certain food group is contributing to skin conditions.
Another natural solution to the problem of dandruff is good old-fashioned sunshine, as a dose of sunny rays can settle itchy scalps.
As well as shampooing and conditioning hair, individuals with dandruff could try washing their locks in freshly squeezed lime juice, which is said to disperse dry flakes. Dried lime also works if it has been immersed in warm olive oil or coconut milk.
So those with dandruff don’t need to panic - the problem can be solved relatively quickly with the right natural hair care products and a little TLC.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.