Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get rid of dandruff with itchy scalp treatments and healthy diet
Dandruff. Not the most pleasant of skin conditions to endure and potentially embarrassing in social situations, as sufferers tend to feel like all eyes are on their itchy heads.
But there are gentle treatments that work to soothe angry scalps and rid the head of flakes of dry skin.
As the Times of India reports, contrary to popular belief, dandruff is not caused by excessive shampooing or dry skin, so individuals can use an itchy scalp treatment safe in the knowledge that they are calming the affected areas.
Indeed, if individuals afflicted with dandruff avoid washing their hair, they could worsen the problem, as the scalp will not be cleaned properly so the flakes will become larger and more noticeable.
As well as treating the issue externally by investing in organic shampoo, sufferers can also look after themselves inside to reduce dandruff.
A healthy diet is a great way to start and hair care fans are encouraged to eat balanced meals and avoid fried, greasy and spicy food, as well as alcohol and caffeine, to see if that helps soothe their scalp.
Food allergies and stress can also exacerbate dandruff, so a visit to the doctor could be in order if people are feeling under the weather or believe a certain food group is contributing to skin conditions.
Another natural solution to the problem of dandruff is good old-fashioned sunshine, as a dose of sunny rays can settle itchy scalps.
As well as shampooing and conditioning hair, individuals with dandruff could try washing their locks in freshly squeezed lime juice, which is said to disperse dry flakes. Dried lime also works if it has been immersed in warm olive oil or coconut milk.
So those with dandruff don’t need to panic - the problem can be solved relatively quickly with the right natural hair care products and a little TLC.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin