Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get rid of dry skin for a healthy glow
Tired of dry, flaky skin? Give your hands and face a treat this winter and find natural beauty products to make them feel soft and smooth.
Dr Helen Robertshaw, expert dermatologist from expertbeauty.com, explained that the combination of cold weather and indoor heating tends to dry out the skin, leaving individuals with dehydrated-looking faces and hands.
"Many complain of dry, cracked hands, lips and generally dry facial skin. If the skin is dry, it is best to avoid all soaps as these tend to dry the skin more and instead use a moisturising soap substitute," she noted.
Organic beauty products such as moisturiser could help to plump up the skin and make it look dewy and fresh, while a good quality chapstick could also be an ideal investment.
"The hands often need a greasier product, which can be used more intensively at times when you are not working to avoid having greasy hands - which can be difficult to work with. If you need to wash your hands a lot at work, take a soap substitute with you. If you have greasy areas on the face and dry patches, avoid the greasy areas as they do not require extra moisturiser," Dr Robertshaw added.
The best time to moisturise is straight out of the shower or bath, when skin is already well hydrated. Using a gentle soap beforehand leaves natural oils on the surface of the skin, which are necessary to stop it getting dry and flaky.
You could also try exfoliating dry patches with a sponge, special gloves or a body scrub. This will slough off the dry, dead skin, leaving the face and body gleaming and looking healthy, just in time for the Christmas party season.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy