Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get rid of dry skin for a healthy glow
Tired of dry, flaky skin? Give your hands and face a treat this winter and find natural beauty products to make them feel soft and smooth.
Dr Helen Robertshaw, expert dermatologist from expertbeauty.com, explained that the combination of cold weather and indoor heating tends to dry out the skin, leaving individuals with dehydrated-looking faces and hands.
"Many complain of dry, cracked hands, lips and generally dry facial skin. If the skin is dry, it is best to avoid all soaps as these tend to dry the skin more and instead use a moisturising soap substitute," she noted.
Organic beauty products such as moisturiser could help to plump up the skin and make it look dewy and fresh, while a good quality chapstick could also be an ideal investment.
"The hands often need a greasier product, which can be used more intensively at times when you are not working to avoid having greasy hands - which can be difficult to work with. If you need to wash your hands a lot at work, take a soap substitute with you. If you have greasy areas on the face and dry patches, avoid the greasy areas as they do not require extra moisturiser," Dr Robertshaw added.
The best time to moisturise is straight out of the shower or bath, when skin is already well hydrated. Using a gentle soap beforehand leaves natural oils on the surface of the skin, which are necessary to stop it getting dry and flaky.
You could also try exfoliating dry patches with a sponge, special gloves or a body scrub. This will slough off the dry, dead skin, leaving the face and body gleaming and looking healthy, just in time for the Christmas party season.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Plumping Vegan Lip Botanics 10ml20% OFFSpecial Price £4.00 Regular Price £4.99
- Rescue Vegan Lip Botanics 10ml20% OFFSpecial Price £4.00 Regular Price £4.99
- Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin 230ml20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml20% OFFAs low as £16.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)