Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get your summer shape through diet and exercise
Getting your body ready for summer is not as simple as cutting out entire food groups for a couple of weeks or going for a half-hearted gym session here and there.
According to healthy living expert Laura Williams, we need to concentrate on both diet and exercise in order to hone our bum, stomach and thighs ahead of the annual beach holiday.
"Exercise will tone and firm trouble spots and burn fat too, while diet is equally if not more effective at helping the body shed fat stores," she said.
As with most things, practice makes perfect - so make small but long-term changes to your diet and exercise regime to see the best results.
"In the run up to bikini season, it’s better to be consistent earlier on. Last minute shape ups are a long shot at getting beach ready - if you’ve been working on your diet and exercise routine for a couple of months beforehand, you’ve got a better chance of looking how you want," explained Laura.
As well as doing generic cardio activities to get your heart rate up and start burning off those calories, the best way to sculpt your body is to add specific exercises to your regime.
"The best exercises for toning the bottom are exercises like squats, lunges, deadlifts. You can also isolate the gluteal (bottom) muscles with moves like bridges and kickbacks," the expert added.
Investing in quality Yoga mats could be an ideal way to tone up before the summer as Yoga is said to help devotees lose weight, become more flexible and trim their figure if practised frequently.
There are plenty of Yoga options to choose between, including basic stretching poses, Ashanti Yoga and the super-heated Bikram Yoga, in which exercisers stay in a room heated to 105 degrees Fahrenheit while they perfect their sun salutations.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?