Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Give hair a boost with a digital perm
With hair generally looking a bit dull in autumn, it might be time to invest in some dry hair treatment to get life back into locks.
Trying a different style can also help make hair look more interesting, and many people will want to take a leaf out of Kate Middleton’s book and replicate the tumbling curls she has been sporting recently.
The Duchess of Cambridge’s crowning glory is often worn loose and long, with soft, bouncy curls at the bottom of her hair and sleek and shiny on top.
According to the Daily Mail, this look is not difficult to achieve with the right tools at home, although some individuals might like to visit a salon to ensure their hair stays wavy with the use of a digital perm.
This involves using a pre-treatment to protect locks before a solution is applied where the person wants a wave. This means that just the lower half of the hair can be curled, leaving barnets looking more natural instead of the 1980s-style perm.
Christian B Toth of Eleven Hair in the West End told the newspaper that he brought the digital perm to the UK after discovering it in Japan.
"Celebrities have definitely influenced the popularity of loose waves. The Olsen twins, Jennifer Aniston and model Gisele often wear their hair down with this soft curl. It gives body and movement to hair in a very sexy, natural way," he pointed out.
"Women love the soft, boho waves that the digital perm creates. It leaves hair so easy to style at home, and it looks natural, carefree and very sexy. My clients love that they can get curls without using tongs or hot rollers every day."
Meanwhile, Yvette Cowles, marketing director of lifestyle consultancy All Your Life, has championed the use of organic shampoo for anyone with dry or sensitive scalps.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)