Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Give skin a boost this winter
At this time of the year, skin can become dry and flaky because of the chilly air outside and the blasts of heat inside, which is why it might be a good idea to invest in some natural beauty products.
Kimberley Carter of the British Association of Dermatologists explained that hydrating the skin is really important.
"Everybody should try to regularly use moisturisers and lip salves to prevent their skin becoming dry, as they can help to reduce the effects caused by the harsh winter weather conditions. All skin types benefit from a moisturiser, particularly skin that is regularly exposed to the elements," she noted.
Some skin conditions can flare up when they’re dry, particularly eczema, "so if you suffer with a dry skin condition make an extra effort to slap on plenty of moisturiser or emollient, especially after a shower or bath", Ms Carter advised.
Meanwhile, individuals might be tempted to top up their tan to escape the pale look this winter, but they are encouraged to steer clear of sunbeds, particularly if they are young.
Research from the International Agency for Research on Cancer found that first exposure to sunbeds before the age of 35 can increase the risk of melanoma by 75 per cent, so Ms Carter believes it is better to use other tanning products that do not carry such dangers.
"There are no potential health benefits [to using sunbeds] that cannot be more safely and effectively obtained through other means, and any health benefits are debatable," she stated.
The government recently brought in legislation to ban under-18s from using tanning machines in England, which Ms Carter called "a step in the right direction in the fight against skin cancer".
Sticking to the fake tan bottle, or even deciding to embrace the pale skin look made popular by Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks and actress Kirsten Dunst, could help repair damage to the skin this winter.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)