Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Give yourself a scalp massage to get rid of stress
If you’re feeling tired and run down at the moment, and the stress is showing in your lank, flyaway hair, try an Indian head massage with plenty of herbal oils to restore your shine - and your sense of wellbeing.
Head massage has its roots in ayurvedic medicine and has been practised in India for more than 5,000 years. It can help ward off stress and "stimulate the body to heal itself", according to president of the Institute of Indian Head Massage Amarjeet Bhamra.
The act of rubbing scented oils into the hair is also a family bonding exercise, as mothers in India routinely rub their children’s scalps with sesame oil, rosemary oil and other types of oil.
While many beauty salons in the UK offer Indian head massage, you can get the same results by practising on yourself at home. Take a little hair oil of your choice, such as almond oil for hair strength, coconut oil for hydration or sesame oil for shine, and warm it between your hands first.
Next, use your fingertips to spread the oil onto your scalp and through your tresses using small, slow, circular motions. Apply firm pressure and start at the hairline just behind your ears, keeping the rotations steady. Make sure you don’t pull or drag at your hair as you go, and move all over your head, paying particular attention to the nape of your neck and temples.
Alternate between firm and soft pressure with your fingertips for an energising boost and, if you are suffering with a stiff upper back, continue the circular motions all the way down the back of your neck and move on to the shoulders.
Just a few minutes of scalp massage a day will have you letting go of that stress - and could even promote faster and healthier hair growth.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.