Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Hand model swears by almond oil
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Hand model swears by almond oil
A model whose hands have been featured in major advertising campaigns has said her success is down to using almond oil every day.
Gemma Howorth, whose hands are insured for a cool £5 million, has appeared in adverts for Rimmel, Cadbury’s and Fairy Liquid, believes the oil keeps her assets looking smooth and youthful.
"I have tested hundreds of products and I always go back to my almond oil. It is the cheapest and best. Some other products don’t seem to sink into the skin, but almond oil does," she explained.
"It really nourishes, and you don’t need separate hand creams and cuticle oils." The 27-year-old model has to take special care of her flawless hands, as the slightest abrasion or broken fingernail could lose her work for weeks.
"I sunbathe with gloves on," she said. "I forgot the gloves once and, even with high-factor sun cream, I noticed tiny wrinkles developing on my hands."
Essential for moisturising
Ms Howorth, who also runs the UK’s only body-part model agency Body London, also tells her 140 models to use almond oil, and uses it herself at least 30 times a day to keep her hands, fingers and nails moisturised and soft. One of her models, Sunna Jarman, uses the oil on her legs before she goes to shoots because she believes it helps her avoid cellulite.
"It’s just fantastic. I never buy normal moisturisers. Maybe it’s just me, but I find they are just no good. I don’t think you need to spend money on expensive things like that," she added.
Almond oil can also be used in natural conditioners to give the hair a deep hydrating treatment, according to OneIndia. Simply add a drop of almond oil and some vinegar to a cup of water and dap the mixture onto the scalp with cotton buds to say goodbye to dandruff.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?