Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Hand model swears by almond oil
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Hand model swears by almond oil
A model whose hands have been featured in major advertising campaigns has said her success is down to using almond oil every day.
Gemma Howorth, whose hands are insured for a cool £5 million, has appeared in adverts for Rimmel, Cadbury’s and Fairy Liquid, believes the oil keeps her assets looking smooth and youthful.
"I have tested hundreds of products and I always go back to my almond oil. It is the cheapest and best. Some other products don’t seem to sink into the skin, but almond oil does," she explained.
"It really nourishes, and you don’t need separate hand creams and cuticle oils." The 27-year-old model has to take special care of her flawless hands, as the slightest abrasion or broken fingernail could lose her work for weeks.
"I sunbathe with gloves on," she said. "I forgot the gloves once and, even with high-factor sun cream, I noticed tiny wrinkles developing on my hands."
Essential for moisturising
Ms Howorth, who also runs the UK’s only body-part model agency Body London, also tells her 140 models to use almond oil, and uses it herself at least 30 times a day to keep her hands, fingers and nails moisturised and soft. One of her models, Sunna Jarman, uses the oil on her legs before she goes to shoots because she believes it helps her avoid cellulite.
"It’s just fantastic. I never buy normal moisturisers. Maybe it’s just me, but I find they are just no good. I don’t think you need to spend money on expensive things like that," she added.
Almond oil can also be used in natural conditioners to give the hair a deep hydrating treatment, according to OneIndia. Simply add a drop of almond oil and some vinegar to a cup of water and dap the mixture onto the scalp with cotton buds to say goodbye to dandruff.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.