Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Hand model swears by almond oil
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Hand model swears by almond oil
A model whose hands have been featured in major advertising campaigns has said her success is down to using almond oil every day.
Gemma Howorth, whose hands are insured for a cool £5 million, has appeared in adverts for Rimmel, Cadbury’s and Fairy Liquid, believes the oil keeps her assets looking smooth and youthful.
"I have tested hundreds of products and I always go back to my almond oil. It is the cheapest and best. Some other products don’t seem to sink into the skin, but almond oil does," she explained.
"It really nourishes, and you don’t need separate hand creams and cuticle oils." The 27-year-old model has to take special care of her flawless hands, as the slightest abrasion or broken fingernail could lose her work for weeks.
"I sunbathe with gloves on," she said. "I forgot the gloves once and, even with high-factor sun cream, I noticed tiny wrinkles developing on my hands."
Essential for moisturising
Ms Howorth, who also runs the UK’s only body-part model agency Body London, also tells her 140 models to use almond oil, and uses it herself at least 30 times a day to keep her hands, fingers and nails moisturised and soft. One of her models, Sunna Jarman, uses the oil on her legs before she goes to shoots because she believes it helps her avoid cellulite.
"It’s just fantastic. I never buy normal moisturisers. Maybe it’s just me, but I find they are just no good. I don’t think you need to spend money on expensive things like that," she added.
Almond oil can also be used in natural conditioners to give the hair a deep hydrating treatment, according to OneIndia. Simply add a drop of almond oil and some vinegar to a cup of water and dap the mixture onto the scalp with cotton buds to say goodbye to dandruff.
- Cleavers Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps50% OFFSpecial Price £4.01 Regular Price £8.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks