Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Hand model swears by almond oil
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Hand model swears by almond oil
A model whose hands have been featured in major advertising campaigns has said her success is down to using almond oil every day.
Gemma Howorth, whose hands are insured for a cool £5 million, has appeared in adverts for Rimmel, Cadbury’s and Fairy Liquid, believes the oil keeps her assets looking smooth and youthful.
"I have tested hundreds of products and I always go back to my almond oil. It is the cheapest and best. Some other products don’t seem to sink into the skin, but almond oil does," she explained.
"It really nourishes, and you don’t need separate hand creams and cuticle oils." The 27-year-old model has to take special care of her flawless hands, as the slightest abrasion or broken fingernail could lose her work for weeks.
"I sunbathe with gloves on," she said. "I forgot the gloves once and, even with high-factor sun cream, I noticed tiny wrinkles developing on my hands."
Essential for moisturising
Ms Howorth, who also runs the UK’s only body-part model agency Body London, also tells her 140 models to use almond oil, and uses it herself at least 30 times a day to keep her hands, fingers and nails moisturised and soft. One of her models, Sunna Jarman, uses the oil on her legs before she goes to shoots because she believes it helps her avoid cellulite.
"It’s just fantastic. I never buy normal moisturisers. Maybe it’s just me, but I find they are just no good. I don’t think you need to spend money on expensive things like that," she added.
Almond oil can also be used in natural conditioners to give the hair a deep hydrating treatment, according to OneIndia. Simply add a drop of almond oil and some vinegar to a cup of water and dap the mixture onto the scalp with cotton buds to say goodbye to dandruff.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.