Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Handy hair oils to protect your tresses on holiday
Holidays can play havoc with hair, due to increased sun exposure, different weather conditions and the promise of salt, sand and chlorine.
Add in the potential damage caused by hair products, blow drying and straightening and this could leave your locks feeling well and truly frazzled.
But fear not, as there are many essential oils great at protecting your tresses and reducing any holiday stresses it may encounter.
These top natural hair oils could be just the trick:
Olive oil is a real winner when it comes to locking in moisture and lubricating thirsty hair cuticles. It is lightweight and fights dryness, as well as combating hair thinning with its natural antioxidants.
It can be used for pre-shampooing or left on overnight to penetrate deeper into the roots.
Rosemary oil not only nourishes the hair but it cleans the scalp at the same time. It’s ideal at getting rid of dandruff and strengthens locks while simultaneously boosting shine.
Even after the first use it’s likely that it’ll also improve the feel of your hair, leaving it soft and silky.
Avocado oil is lightweight and absorbs quickly into the hair and scalp. As well as providing moisture and vitamins A, D, E and B6 it works as a natural SPF - meaning it’s a handy hair oil to take on holiday.
It can be used as a deep conditioner, shampoo or hair mask and is proven to work better when used in conjunction with other oils such as olive oil.
Coconut oil is a thicker hair oil, which helps to reduce protein loss and add volume. It adds moisture to split ends and replenishes dry and damaged hair.
This product is known to reduce scalp flaking and makes a great styling aid, provided it is used in moderation.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.