Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How can Hawaiian Kukui oil treat sunburnt skin?
Hawaiian Kukui oil has been used for centuries by islanders for a wide variety of purposes, but it’s best known for its ability to treat sunburnt skin.
Originating from the Kukui nut tree the oil is the product of pressing the nut’s flesh to create a rich essential oil, great as a nutritional supplement or an organic skincare option.
What are its benefits?
Kukui oil offers excellent relief for sunburn, as it is rich in lineolic acid, an omega fatty acid loved by skin.
Pregnant women often use it to reduce stretch marks and Hawaiian nationals frequently eschew the benefits of regular application on the legs, saying it helps to reduce or prevent cellulite from forming when massaged into the skin.
It contains a high concentration of vitamin E, A and C and essential fatty acids, meaning it naturally locks in moisture without clogging pores.
Kukui oils can be used to help calm and treat sunburn, as well as assisting in alleviating problems such as dry, chapped skin, eczema, psoriasis and blemishes.
How should you apply it?
Kukui nut oil is absorbed into the skin quickly and can keep it moisturised for a long period of time.
To apply, you’ll need to rub a little onto the skin, gently massaging it in circles help penetrate through damaged layers.
Kukui nut oil can offer immediate relief from sunburn, helping to calm the heat and should be applied as often as necessary until the symptoms disappear.
This is the same for any skin complaint, however it can also be used as a daily facial treatment, working in a similar way to a day or night crème.
By applying the oil, skin problems can be reduced, while also offering long-lasting hydration and an aromatic natural scent.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks