Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How can Hawaiian Kukui oil treat sunburnt skin?
Hawaiian Kukui oil has been used for centuries by islanders for a wide variety of purposes, but it’s best known for its ability to treat sunburnt skin.
Originating from the Kukui nut tree the oil is the product of pressing the nut’s flesh to create a rich essential oil, great as a nutritional supplement or an organic skincare option.
What are its benefits?
Kukui oil offers excellent relief for sunburn, as it is rich in lineolic acid, an omega fatty acid loved by skin.
Pregnant women often use it to reduce stretch marks and Hawaiian nationals frequently eschew the benefits of regular application on the legs, saying it helps to reduce or prevent cellulite from forming when massaged into the skin.
It contains a high concentration of vitamin E, A and C and essential fatty acids, meaning it naturally locks in moisture without clogging pores.
Kukui oils can be used to help calm and treat sunburn, as well as assisting in alleviating problems such as dry, chapped skin, eczema, psoriasis and blemishes.
How should you apply it?
Kukui nut oil is absorbed into the skin quickly and can keep it moisturised for a long period of time.
To apply, you’ll need to rub a little onto the skin, gently massaging it in circles help penetrate through damaged layers.
Kukui nut oil can offer immediate relief from sunburn, helping to calm the heat and should be applied as often as necessary until the symptoms disappear.
This is the same for any skin complaint, however it can also be used as a daily facial treatment, working in a similar way to a day or night crème.
By applying the oil, skin problems can be reduced, while also offering long-lasting hydration and an aromatic natural scent.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin