Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How can you aid digestion?
Certain lifestyle choices or foods are known to contribute to poor digestion, however many of these symptoms can be remedied.
What are the causes of poor digestion?
Digestion involves an energy-rich process which demands a lot of nutrition, hydration and a calm state to work effectively, according to Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist and author of The De-Stress Diet - www.de-stressyourlife.com.
One of the main disruptions to digestion can be stress, which Ms Watts claims "quickly diverts these away to muscles and the brain, leaving food partially digested and contributing to digestive symptoms such as indigestion, IBS and bloating".
Other factors which can get in the way of effective digestion include high sugar levels, and a lack of soluble fibre found in vegetables, both problems which can "disrupt the balance of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) in the gut which keep it - and immunity and detoxification - in balance", she explained.
How can these be remedied?
One way to help ensure food is digested better is to practice mindful eating.
This means eating away from a desk at work and sitting down to eat and chew food thoroughly.
Ms Watts warns that by eating on the go or while upright "energy is rerouted to the postural muscles you need to stand," meaning it is diverted away from the digestive process.
Eating a high number of fibre rich food can help the body’s digestion run smoother, however psychological issues such as stress should not be ignored.
This could be reduced by eating outside or in a calm, relaxing space without distraction, or could be aided by post-meal meditation, allowing the body to unwind and let go of everyday stresses, strains and negative thoughts.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.