Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to deal with bloat after eating
So you’ve got all dressed up to enjoy a lovely meal out with friends, but the resulting feeling of fullness has left you wishing you hadn’t gone for a dessert.
According to Anna Mason, founder of Distance Dieters, there is a way to cut out the bloating after eating by making a few healthy living changes, such as removing processed foods from your diet.
"Flour and wheat-based products will promote bloating and a feeling of discomfort, [and] they will also promote headaches and insomnia," she warned.
"Drink plenty of water - 1.5 to two litres each day. This will help to flush out the system and if you are dehydrated will hydrate you. People who do not drink enough can also suffer from bloat."
Ms Mason advised drinking a large glass of water with every meal and snack, which should take your liquid consumption up to six glasses a day.
You might also want to take a look at the way you eat. Swallowing too much air while you eat is one cause of bloating, so avoid talking, using a straw and drinking from a sports bottle if you are prone to getting a swelled stomach.
Chewing gum and eating when you’re moving around or feel upset are other causes of bloat, while fizzy drinks - including carbonated water - can also increase the amount of gas in your gut.
In some cases the reason why your stomach never looks flat after a meal could be down to a food intolerance. Many individuals find their body reacts badly to meals containing wheat or dairy products, which can cause fluid retention, headaches, lethargy, constipation and diarrhoea, so if you suspect the reason why you end up feeling bloated after eating it might be wise to keep a food diary and consult with a doctor.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy